Ares Games

Thread: NEW PLANES THANKS TO SANTA

Default NEW PLANES THANKS TO SANTA

My Brother surprised me today with the planes shown below (these are from F-toys, 1/144 scale "Work Shop" collection, Vol. 12), complete with maneuver cards (which he printed for me).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2921.jpg   IMG_2922.jpg   IMG_2924.jpg   IMG_2925.jpg   Spad and Albatross Cards.jpg  

Last edited by usmc1855; 12-25-2009 at 18:43.

The minitures look great and I'm happy to see the plane cards I made getting around like they are.

Andy,

I didn't know the origins of the cards, but I'm glad that you made them available. The cards look great.

Thanks

Users Country Flag

Name
    allen
    Sorties Flown

wow he did a great job !

Quote Originally Posted by aper373 View Post
    The minitures look great and I'm happy to see the plane cards I made getting around like they are.
    Andy, I was just wondering if anyone had made cards for the F Toys planes. You should upload the original files to our file section.

I made these at the request of someone on the yahoo wow_nexus site and posted them there. They have already been posted here by aarondpjames in the files area. Are these the only four a/c made by F toys that can be used in the game? If there are more, and someone could get me some info on them, I will be glad to make cards for them.

I have several home made plane cards that I will post here. They range from the F2.b to the Fokker E.V to the Macchi M5. I have a Hansa Brandenberg D.I, Halberstadt Cl.II, and Alb. D.III Ofag to finish also.

I'm just starting on two bombers for the WWII game: He111 and B-24D. I'll keep you posted on these if you are interested.

Andy

There are a total of 3 of each of the F Toys biplanes. The 3rd one of each set is a "rare" one and it's hard to find photos of them. They show up on Ebay pretty often though. Here is the Albatross one.

Yes, that is Goering's Albatros D.III and it is over in the Files area under WWI-Custom airplane cards - Albatros. The other F toy airplane is Baracca's SPAD VII and it is over there also. I'm thinking of reworking these six cards and posting them as a set. I'm not sure yet, it might be redundant.

Andy

Default FToys Albatros D.III's

I have purchased six F-Toys Albatros D.III's and repainted some in Jasta 11 colours, photo here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/pic...pictureid=2321

The blue nose D.III is Otto Brauneck's aircraft, the white nose is Karl Allmenroeder's and the red D.III with the green band was flow by Georg Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by aper373 View Post
    Yes, that is Goering's Albatros D.III and it is over in the Files area under WWI-Custom airplane cards - Albatros. The other F toy airplane is Baracca's SPAD VII and it is over there also. I'm thinking of reworking these six cards and posting them as a set. I'm not sure yet, it might be redundant.

Andy
    Andy, I'll go find them in the files section and just group them in an F Toys category.