Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some WW1 & WW2 advice

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Burning Drachens all the way especially with mini ballons coming out. It also gives you a 2nd A deck as well as many advanced rules and solo scenarios for ballon busting.
    mmm sounds like a plan. I'll get the Burning draken and the 4 expansion packs as well. should give me alot to play with.

Cheers
    GW

I don't know how handy you are with a paintbrush but you might get Richthofen's faster by buying a spare and repainting it, also the red on the WoW miniatures is fairly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    I don't know how handy you are with a paintbrush but you might get Richthofen's faster by buying a spare and repainting it, also the red on the WoW miniatures is fairly dull.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. If your painting skills are up to par you would also have your entry for the painting contest and possibly win the box set you are planning on.

Several companies make some great decals to help you out.

Yep, BD should be the next purchase. The Booster expansions only give you cards... it's good for extra maneuver decks and card stats, but if you are only going to play with WoW planes, not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Yep, BD should be the next purchase. The Booster expansions only give you cards... it's good for extra maneuver decks and card stats, but if you are only going to play with WoW planes, not much help.
    Great point....I have avoided the expansion packs for WWI because I have bought the WoW models and you get a manuever deck with every model.

For WWII I have bought expansion packs to get the extra manuever decks because I decided to make my own models since it took WoW so long to get the official ones out.

Ok that's settled I dropped the expansion packs off and added the WWII deluxe box set and two WWII planes [Spitfire and Bf109]

So will getting this lot ordered soon. Anyone from Australia or New Zealand wants to add into this order let me know.

Cheers
    GW

I am going to have a game today and not sure what to use since I didn't get my Fokker Dr1 All I have is:

Fokker D Va
    LFG
    Sopwith Camel
    Spad XIII
    RAF R.e.8

Should I take the two Allied fighters and obviously the German Fighter and two-seater. make a scenario that the Allied planes come across a lone LFG and decide to attack but the Fokker D Va comes out of the cloud and attacks.

Any ideas is that going to be balanced?

Cheers
    GW

Mix it up...try it a few ways. With only two planes per side most scenaios will only take 30 min or so. Heck nothing wrong with a captured Allied fighter either. Worse case you can always use cards. No, say it is not so!

Sounds like a good mission. If you use altitude, put the LFG at the lowest level and have the allies attack it from 1 level higher. Bring the D.Va onto the German table edge 2-3 full turns into the game. That will help balance out the 3 gun ratio in favor of the Germans. If the LFG is going to run instead of dogfight (like in real life), bring the D.Va on in 2 turns.

Worse case you can always use cards.
    What's this blasphemy airman?!? You are grounded for 3 days!

Mix it up...try it a few ways. With only two planes per side most scenaios will only take 30 min or so. Heck nothing wrong with a captured Allied fighter either. Worse case you can always use cards. No, say it is not so!
    What use cards and not minis OMFG!!!!!!!!!

thx Col.Hajj Will give it ago today and see how it goes.

Cheers
    GW

If you want to play with the mini I would advice to buy to expansion packs. (With expansion packs you mean the booster packs, right?) The offer a maneuver deck and planes which is great when you play cards-only but offern nothing if you want to use the minis...

When you think about FAMOUS ACES or BURNING DRACHENS I would take BURNING DRACHENS because it offers more rules. But why don't you take the DELUX STARTER?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    If you want to play with the mini I would advice to buy to expansion packs. (With expansion packs you mean the booster packs, right?) The offer a maneuver deck and planes which is great when you play cards-only but offern nothing if you want to use the minis...

When you think about FAMOUS ACES or BURNING DRACHENS I would take BURNING DRACHENS because it offers more rules. But why don't you take the DELUX STARTER?
    Can't get the Deluxe box set for WWI and when I have seen them they cost to much for me to buy.[postage usually kills my wallet as most items are either from the U.K or the States/Canada.p&p is usually 30-40% of the order.]

I'll get BD next. if I can get the deluxe will get one but just depends on what deal I can get one for. I should be able to get the Deluxe WWII version...

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    What's this blasphemy airman?!? You are grounded for 3 days!

Yes SIR......I really should not fly when I have obviously been drinking anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Hit & Run booster
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 09:50
  2. ww1 bombing
    By Kiwi_Ace in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 07:33
  3. Picked up Mats and Series 1-WW2
    By WilliamBarkerVC in forum Hobby Room