Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Figures in Comfort Foam Trays

Nope, that doesn't work. Can't be fagged to PM. I'll wait and see what happens next week.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

hi
    wath have you use to cut it??and make the plane space?
    thank you

Niel, I bought the KR trays and did just what you did, I plucked out a nice square or rectangle, threw the debris away and loaded them in the cardboard box. I still take care and none of my planes have received any damage despite some leeway. I now keep the debris and glue it back in in small lumps to close down the leeway. But those cut outs should still keep your stuff safe.

I will be offering my custom trays to the FiC bags as well. Check out the thread in the Aerodrome Accessories section for more info.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob in Florida
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by NeilCFord View Post
    Yesterday I received a couple of Figures in Comfort's foam trays supposedly designed specifically for storing/transporting Wings of War aircraft...but there is way too much room around the planes, even when you put them in the holes designed for the cards! There is absolutely no way I would use these to transport my planes. Even with something across the top, the Fokker would move around too much and probably end up broken.

Hey Neil, have you tried sticking toothpicks into the foam along the wing's leading and trailing edges and on either side of the fuselage? This will prevent the a/c from moving inside their little foam cubicles. Plastic modelers do this when transporting their handywork in styrofoam enclosures.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob in Florida
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by BeastlyHun View Post
    Hey Neil, have you tried sticking toothpicks into the foam along the wing's leading and trailing edges and on either side of the fuselage? This will prevent the a/c from moving inside their little foam cubicles. Plastic modelers do this when transporting their handywork in styrofoam enclosures.
    A picture is worth a thousand words...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WoW_temp01.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Buying pilot figures in Europe?
    By The Blue Baron in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 14:05

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.