Ares Games

Thread: May Workbench

Default May Workbench

Perhaps I should sub-title this thread "The Raffle Prize the got away".

Here's a couple of RAF B25s that I painted up, MQ-A is a Mitchell from 226 Sqn, and EV-V is from 180 sqn. Both are Wings of War repaints; I added a ventral Bendix remote control turret to both; apparently the RAF kept theirs whereas U.S. units appeared to have removed most of theirs. I used the Hataka USAAF paint set, primarily the early Olive Drab and Neutral Grey. Decals are from Shed Decals.

These were going to be a Lease-Lend raffle prize, and I told Chris Hedeby I was going to paint them some time ago. In fact he PM'd me last month to see if I was still doing them, which I confirmed. So I was a bit surprised that 3 days after that conversation that he announced that raffle number 5 was to be our last raffle! Thanks Wingco, appreciated the heads-up on that one Anyways, your loss is my gain I suppose, as they have now joined my collection.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Apologies for that Steve, the planes are magnificent, I just thought that five raffles was enough, I didn’t want to overtax folks generosity.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Wow, beauties Steve. There is always next year for raffle prizes if they don't find a permenant home in your collection.

Very impressive, Steve!
    REP

Gorgeous pair!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Nice Steve.
    I'd bid on one of those next year, or the year after, if you have too much for your hanger space

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Actually very late April workbench- though I have to finish the base so still counts for May. Mackie from Battletech with an 8th Airforce checkertails inspired scheme, Decals from Warlord's Blood Red Skies P-51D decal sheet and some random numbers from my spares box.

Nice job, Mark. I haven't played BattleTech for decades, but still enjoy looking at the mechs.
    Not a model I'm familiar with, so something later than the mid 90s?

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Slowly priming the YB-36... cringing at the nightmare of filing, filling and fitting to come. Not to mention the OMGWTFPITA of first building the wiring harness and mounts for its motors THEN literally having to build the plane around that...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

And my little buddy Lefty showing just how much she likes the new squirrel friendly porch railings.

"Hello! I Can Haz Nutz Nao?"
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

A couple of German armored trains hoping to make it on down the line.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0512242205.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	338741

Weapons free ! nice job, Chris

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Armored train scenarios are always fun.

Lovely targets!

Are they N-scale models?

Love those trains!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I just saw that you even made target cards for each engine and car! There's gonna be a reckon'in on the rails soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sulring View Post
    Lovely targets!

Are they N-scale models?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    I just saw that you even made target cards for each engine and car! There's gonna be a reckon'in on the rails soon enough
    Thanks to teaticket once again for the track and card files

They are a mix of WW1 and WW2 but at small scale 1/285 6mm work fine imo:
    German panzerzug armored train WW1
    extra locomotive
    German panzerzug armored train WW2

Interesting. I knew about the armoured trains in WW2, but didn't know the Germans had any in WW1.
    Makes sense, though, at least for the Eastern Front.
    Karl

The Russians made use of them in WW1 as well as later in the Red/White civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Interesting. I knew about the armoured trains in WW2, but didn't know the Germans had any in WW1.
    Makes sense, though, at least for the Eastern Front.
    Karl
    I may have to remove the armor plating for some WW1 scenarios

Well, not "bench" but sill work, and hard work at that... one of our squirrels has decided she thinks it's not enough that I be her snack purveyor, she apparently thinks I'm the designated babysitter for her pups too.

Cute little fuzzy walking spaz-attacks, but a challenge and a half to ride herd on. The things we do to hire and keep good help...

That's the problem with squirrels; give 'em an inch and they take a mile, and come back for more.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Well, not "bench" but sill work, and hard work at that... one of our squirrels has decided she thinks it's not enough that I be her snack purveyor, she apparently thinks I'm the designated babysitter for her pups too.

Cute little fuzzy walking spaz-attacks, but a challenge and a half to ride herd on. The things we do to hire and keep good help...

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    That's the problem with squirrels; give 'em an inch and they take a mile, and come back for more.
    Karl
    Then again, being one of the very few other living things on the planet my mother can tolerate sharing the world with is a rare and high-value qualification all by itself... LOL and they do give me an excuse for more time away from Her Crabbishness's incessant braying about how every little thing I've ever done from this second back to my conception and everything I *will* do from now til the day I die is completely and totally UNSAT.

Besides, there's a certain indescribable warm fuzzy when you see a little gray streak rocket across your yard and wrap itself around your calf in a hug like it's trying to say "yay my big buddy's finally home!"

Similar Missions

1. My workbench
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-30-2024, 09:33
  2. Feb Workbench
    By Shadowcat in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-28-2022, 14:18
  3. What's on your workbench----AUG
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 104