Ares Games

Thread: Laser Cutters

Default Laser Cutters

There are a number of posts on here mentioning Laser Cutters for cutting out bases from perspex etc.

Where would one go to find such a device and what is the approximate cost as I feel the need to have such a wonderful device.

The entry level for a small laser from a reputable company is going to run you about US $7000 or more. You can find some Chinese bargain deals for about US$3000-$5000.

and self-made project on Internet with low power laser diodes. Accuracy and mainly safety for the operator to verify.

Attilio

Ok thanks. Maybe I don't really need one after all.

I have found some kit built 3D printers for as low as $650. just create a 3D image of the plane and press print - LOL

I've used the 4D model shop in London before now to laser cut some aerial bases for my Russo-Finnish game. If I remember correctly, there was a minimum cost of Ł80 - and I got about 40 bases and height rings for that. Still cheaper than forking out for your own laser cutter
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Cool, cheers Steve

Tony, where would one find those 3D printer kits you were mentioning... $600 seems like a drop in the bucket for something like that!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Right here

http://www.techzonecom.com/gglhux

and that's just one source. All you need then is a 3D scanner and you're away..

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Right here

http://www.techzonecom.com/gglhux

and that's just one source. All you need then is a 3D scanner and you're away..
    How cool is that!!! I might just have to invest in one after I move this summer... So could you print from a digitally created 3D model, or would you have to have a scanner? I wonder how expensive the print media is as well?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams