Ares Games

Thread: WW2 1/144 scale

Default WW2 1/144 scale

At Historic Aviation they have some WW2 aircraft in 1/144 scale.
    PBJ USMC/USN, kit, navy version of B-25 $12.95
    The rest are prebuilt and prepainted.
    B-17F $29.95
    B-14G $29.95
    Avro Lancaster Mk.III $11.95
    Petlyakov Pe8 $11.95
    Fiat BR.20 $11.95
    Cant Z.1007bis $11.95
    Junkers Ju52/3M $14.95
    Blohm & Voss BV 222 $14.95
    Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty $11.95
    PBM Mariner $29.95
    Douglas C-54 $11.95
    Just thought I would give the WW2 guys a heads up, as I've noticed on this site some of you collect and build 1/144 scale aircraft. I got the catalog yesterday and did not know if some of you were aware of this source. They are also a good source of aviation movies. Cheers, greg

Nice site Greg. Now stop trying to make me spend money. hehe

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Nice site Greg. Now stop trying to make me spend money. hehe

Tom
    Sorry about that chief, would you believe 99 made me post that?

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    Sorry about that chief, would you believe 99 made me post that?
    "Oh Max..."

Funny thing, check out the rotary dial on the "shoe phones"! Have fun trying to explain that to your kids!

My little girl just walked into the kitchen and said to my wife, "Dad's wierd."

Good one. Brings back memories. Heck try explaining phones with cords...

Tom

Good one. Brings back memories. Heck try explaining phones with cords...

Tom
    LOL!

The phones in the shoes was not hard for her to believe of all things, but phones with cords on them just got me another "Dad's goofy" look!

Actually, I think she went to tell her older sister that "Did you know Dad's really, really old"!

I'm not even going to try at all to explain the "cone of silence"...

Lol, classic. So our kids will be telling theirs.... I didn't have cable in my room until I was 12.

Tom

Glad to see I'm not the only Get Smart fan on this site. Did you know they did a WWI dogfoght on one of their shows. A Neiuport 28 vs Fokker D-VII. It was the first show of the fourth season, Called Snoopy Smart or something like that(missed it by that------------much). Great Stuff.

I hate to spoil all the fun in here, but arent we getting a little off-topic? Honestly I do not understand this topic and what the discussion is about... Just sayin' ... its confusing.

Default WW2 1/144 scale

Here are a few Get Smart facts!

Don Adams was a WW2 the Marine veteran, serving on Guadalcanal and was later a drill Sargent. When he was offered role for get smart, he doubted it would last six weeks and get canned. We all remember Quark!! Adams was given a royalties percentage and laughed all the way to the bank!

Rich

Sorry your right. We got off on a tangent.

Tom
    We were desending into KOAS, we must regain CONTROL. So from now on we should 86 the discussion on GET SMART(unless of course we go back to using the cone of silence). Sorry I just couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by gregbond77; 09-22-2010 at 15:20. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    I hate to spoil all the fun in here, but arent we getting a little off-topic? Honestly I do not understand this topic and what the discussion is about... Just sayin' ... its confusing.
    Perhaps an explantion is in order. "Get Smart" was a television show in the USA between 1965 and 1970. You can still see it (reruns) on some cable channels. It was a spoof of the super spy Janes Bond personna. So some of the people on this site were just reminiscing about a shared funny experience from our youth.

Hey, actually something here that is on topic, I'm seeing that Minicraft looks like it has done another run on it's Me-110 model.

A year and a half ago, or even two years back; I had a hard time tracking down Me-110s in 1/144 scale. I wound up ordering the kit from a Chinese "Knock off" company called MiniHobby, but the decales were at best, barely adequate.

The kit was kinda crude as well, took a lot of extra work to get them done. I may check out the local hobby shops to see if they got any in stock. If not, I may order a pair, if anything to get better decales. The new runs of Minicraft models have been coming with really good decales. I wouldn't mind doing another pair of them, maybe something for the Eastern Front in paint schemes?

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Don Adams was a WW2 the Marine veteran, serving on Guadalcanal and was later a drill Sargent.
    Whoa! No way!

I recently was informed that Mr. Rogers was a Navy Seal who served in Vietnam?!

Cat'n Kangaroo was a Marine who fought at Iwo Jima?!

Now Don Adams a Marine as well, and served at Guadalcanal?!

Holy Toledo! The things you learn...

Glad to see I'm not the only Get Smart fan on this site. Did you know they did a WWI dogfoght on one of their shows. A Neiuport 28 vs Fokker D-VII. It was the first show of the fourth season, Called Snoopy Smart or something like that(missed it by that------------much). Great Stuff.
    How about those apples! Pretty neat!
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-23-2010 at 22:43.

Perhaps an explantion is in order. "Get Smart" was a television show in the USA between 1965 and 1970. You can still see it (reruns) on some cable channels. It was a spoof of the super spy Janes Bond personna. So some of the people on this site were just reminiscing about a shared funny experience from our youth.
    Hey, thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    Hey, actually something here that is on topic, I'm seeing that Minicraft looks like it has done another run on it's Me-110 model.

A year and a half ago, or even two years back; I had a hard time tracking down Me-110s in 1/144 scale. I wound up ordering the kit from a Chinese "Knock off" company called MiniHobby, but the decales were at best, barely adequate.

These look pretty decent if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Hey, thanks for clearing that up
    No problem, glad to be of some help.

[QUOTE=kaufschtick;27741]Hey, actually something here that is on topic, I'm seeing that Minicraft looks like it has done another run on it's Me-110 model.

The kit was kinda crude as well, took a lot of extra work to get them done. I may check out the local hobby shops to see if they got any in stock. If not, I may order a pair, if anything to get better decales. The new runs of Minicraft models have been coming with really good decales. I wouldn't mind doing another pair of them, maybe something for the Eastern Front in paint schemes?

I have to agree with Tudor, those look real nice to me, excellent work!

Similar Missions

1. Firing range in 1/144 scale
    By Oberst Hajj in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2017, 07:55
  2. A new range of 1/144 scale WW2 Aircraft?
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 09:56
  3. 1/144 scale role call
    By Oberst Hajj in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 19:29
  4. 1/144 WW2 Minicraft kits
    By IRM in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 10:06
  5. If only in 144 scale!