Ares Games

Thread: Giving Shapeways Credit for Good Customer Service

Default Giving Shapeways Credit for Good Customer Service

So, I had a pretty sizable order arrive about a week ago. Part of the order was 2 Handley-Page O/400s. I didn't notice it right away, but the props were missing on both models.

I e-mailed Shapeways, told them about the problem. I even told them that it wasn't a big deal for me, I could scratch build the missing props, thought they should know because the props were likely lost during the clean up phase after printing.

I received an e-mail this morning that they were making two new models for me to make up for their error. Basically a $60ish value.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with how Shapeways handled this minor issue.

Good to know. I have received many international packages from different shops all over the world with missing parts and only just a few fixed this kind of issue. Spoke well of shapeway. Kudos to them.

I recently had one of my Dr.i x 4 printed in FD missing its undercarriage and a wing strut so I sent an email and a photo to complain. Before I know it, four little Fokkers arrive on the doorstep. This is good service, I'm happy as well. I've just got to figure out a few more paint schemes now.

Ian

Just tallied it up, since my first order in 2011 I have placed 57 orders! DO NOT TELL MRS CLIPPER!!!!!! Only 3 orders had issues, and every one was replaced with the exception of my beloved rockets which turned out not to be printable and they gave me full credit on them too! Well done in my book for sure!

I'm glad to read your positive comments. I might be tempted to order some soon.

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    I'm glad to read your positive comments. I might be tempted to order some soon.
    I would say give it a whirl. Not much to lose really.

They do relly good job. I can also recommend them.

You can tell the quality of a company in how it handles errors and respond to customers. I am very pleased with the order I made from Shapeways, but it is good to know that if future orders have problems, they will likely take care of it.

+1 on this. On those rare occasions when there have been model defects in my Shapeways orders a quick email and photo to customer service has resulted in a replacement being sent straight away.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Mixed opinions from me - I got stuck with a bunch of "need work" Bristols and "straight in the bin" Fokkers back when they were having their "stepping is not a print failure" phase, and also had one order cancelled and refunded without any explanation whatsoever. Others have been just fine, though, and their customer service does appear to be a lot better than it was 2 or 3 years ago, so I dare say I'll be back again sooner or later....

Oh, I forgot to mention. When they did ship the re-made HP O/400s, they shipped them over night express.

They did the same for me when I misplaced one prop from a 2 plane set of SE5a's. Reprinted everything at no cost. Unbelievably good device and made me a fan instantly. Highly recommend.

I agree with Dom.
    Apart from my first stepped DR1, I have had nothing but first class service from Shapeways since that time.
    They have updated me about the progress of my order, and delivered in rapid time compared with some other war games companies which I will refrain fom mentioning for now.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

My last order was great in Dec. Before I did not order from them for 2 years because of stepping problems.

All my recent purchases have been fine, and they handled a minor issue very promptly.

Similar Missions

1. General WARNING - Shapeways Customer Services - a change in refund policy
    By Womble in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 09:13
  2. General Shapeways Customer Service is severely Vexed
    By Zoe Brain in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 14:03
  3. General Shapeways Customer Service
    By Mike W in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 18