Ares Games

Thread: Valom SE5a

Default Valom SE5a

Just had an email from Vaclav the Valom SE5a is now available same price as the Sopwith Pup.

The decals are for Mannock 74 sqd., Bishop 85 sqd., Lewis 40 sqd. and 94 Aero sqd Austin Tx.

Next release will be the Nieuport 17

Last edited by Burt; 09-30-2013 at 05:16. Reason: Extra info added

Outstanding! I'd really like to pick one of these up.

Just ordered 2 combo packs of Valom's D.VII.

Yep, put me down for some of those!

Where can you order Valom 1/144 kits in the US? Goggle searching is getting me nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Where can you order Valom 1/144 kits in the US? Goggle searching is getting me nowhere.
    No idea, Rob. I can see them here in some PL online stores.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

The wings have been improved over the previous kits to show raised rib detail by the look of things.

Just ordered the pups... damn shoulda waited

oooooh - must get some pronto!

Want to find local dealer I hope. Getting tired of allways mail order

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    I would be satisfied with that, if I knew where to order FROM, without going international...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    Email the company, and ask if they have a North American distributer. If so, ask you LFGS if he can order from them.
    Karl

Vaclav always asks me to carry them, I just never have because I'm not sure the demand is there for more than a hand full of kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Email the company, and ask if they have a North American distributer. If so, ask you LFGS if he can order from them.
    Karl
    Good ideas. I'd been thinking of seeing if Hobby Town USA could order them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Vaclav always asks me to carry them, I just never have because I'm not sure the demand is there for more than a hand full of kits.
    I can understand if you can't, but it would be very nice if you could. How many of each would you have to take on at a minimum?

I'd have to check the email he sent me a while ago.

If I was assured of prices, I would probably order every other month or so. Would make it easy to build whole squadrons!

How many of you would be interested in the Valom SE5, Fokker D.VII and Sopwith Pup? They would go for $12.00 each (there are actually two planes per kit) plus shipping.

I've bought the Pup and D.VII on ebay for a decent price (although not quite as low as yours would be), but I'd happily get the SE5 (and the Nieuport 17 and Albatros D.V, should they be carried) from Aerodrome Accessories.

I'd be down for a Pup, D.VII, & Se5, & also the future release of the Nieuport 17 (& possibly even the D.V)

Looks like a good kit.

How many of you would be interested in the Valom SE5, Fokker D.VII and Sopwith Pup? They would go for $12.00 each (there are actually two planes per kit) plus shipping.
    I'd at least grab one of each, Keith.

I like the Pup kit, but be armed with wire or something more suitable for struttage
    Here's how my favourite custom plane turned out...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0457.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	112144

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0458.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	112145

I would be keen for a few pending postage to Australia

Dave

Postage should be in line with my other AA products.

I would be interested. I have a box of the Pups, and while I haven't built them yet, they do look like a quality kit. I would definitely have some interest in the DVIIs and the SE5s.

Plus, if we contribute to there being strong sales for 1/144 scale WW1 machines, perhaps Valom will continue to expand the line.

They do look like they would be fun to build.

I'll be collecting mine from the local post office tomorrow, and I cannot wait for the Nieuport 17's to be released as I might need re-enforcements for my French collection.

Just built the Pups, and now ready for some paint.
    I'm looking out for the Se5a, and Nieuport sets when they appear, and are available in the U.K

Neat work on the pups Hayden! Great job! I must investigate to find out where these Valom models are on sale in Europe. I only see a mention of a Polish online shop in this thread. Kevin.

I found the Valom kits available on Ebay Kevin.
    Both the Pup and Fokker DV11 are there, but no sign of the Se5a yet.

I've now got my Valom Fokker D.VII's and I look forward to building both of them.

IF there was a way of getting them here in the usa even via special postings, i would still need to know prices with s&h added.
    other wise i would be inclined to buy them every other month, (so i can put back the money! thanks to SSchecks)

I would be satisfied with that, if I knew where to order FROM, without going international...
    2 packs of Valom SE5a on ebay, located in Southern California - Scott's Model Workshop

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valom-Models...item2c75ba1afa

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    2 packs of Valom SE5a on ebay, located in Southern California - Scott's Model Workshop

Seems like quite a mark up to what Kieth would offer them for.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

Would still like to pick up ALL the Valom kits at some point, but I have so many unfinished projects at the moment that I just can't justify it.

I'm finishing up a couple of Pups now. Too bad they didn't get the raised ribs. They are a nice model none the less. Will be looking for the Se 5as and Nieuports.

I would get 2 boxes each of just about anything new. I already have the pups and Fokker DVIIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I would get 2 boxes each of just about anything new. I already have the pups and Fokker DVIIs.
    Hope Herr Oberst is still considering this. I'm still in the market for one box at least of any/all Valom kits. I'm sure I'll get around to building them eventually.

Hope Herr Oberst is still considering this. I'm still in the market for one box at least of any/all Valom kits. I'm sure I'll get around to building them eventually.
    You'll get to it. I just finished my 1st two Pups. I've had them for 3 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    You'll get to it. I just finished my 1st two Pups. I've had them for 3 months!
    I'm sure I would...eventually. I'm just trying to be careful about committing myself to projects, since have so many I want to work on.

Similar Missions

1. Valom Sopwith PUP
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 13:10
  2. Valom Fokker DVII
    By Timmo UK in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 05:14
  3. More Valom kits
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8