Ares Games

Thread: Any fluff writers out there?

Default Any fluff writers out there?

Anyone enjoy writing game fluff and stories?

I find the best stories come from diaries and such. Amply embellished, to suit one's needs...

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Question Writers??

What exactly are you looking for?

I wrote up a little report on the WoW_Nexus website when we did our playtest of the WWII PBEM.

Ahhs-Ho Jo reporting from somewhere in the Pacific near Midway. Todays report is brought to you by Cho's Sushi Shack with 7 location in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Get your crabs at Cho's.

Yeah, I remember reading that Dale. I'm actually looking for someone(s) to do a little fluff writing for the Knights of the Air rule book. Mostly it would be writing stuff for the different missions in a manor that would tie them all together. There also might be a little paragraph of fluff here and there through out the book. It does not have to be totally fictional, altered history would work as well.

jodiepascal

I fancy myself as a little bit of a writer. . . What are you looking for? Little story blurbs about pilots and airbourne action? I am actually writing a few short stories based on Wings of War in a sort of 1930's pulp style.

Let me know what you need, I would love to send a few samples for your consideration.

JodiePascal

Hey Jodie, thanks for the offer to help. I'm looking for some fluffy bits for the Knights of the Air campaign rule book. Right now I'm just needed a little narrative for the mission descriptions. If you down load the rules, you will see what scant fluff I wrote about them to kind of get a starting point.

jodiepascal

Hey Col. Hajj,

I just copied off the Missions from the KOTA rulebook and will start chucking some fluffy bits your way soon.

JPB

I just put up a session report on Boardgamegeek about back to back balloon busting missions. Here's the link:
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4000653#4000653

If this is the type of Fluff your looking for, and you still need it, please let me know and I'll take a shot at it.
    Last edited by Jmac; 10-01-2009 at 13:14. Reason: spelling

That's a good writeup Joseph. I am looking for some thing along those lines. They would need to be non-pilot/plane specific since they will be for a mission were the players could be flying just about any planes. It would also have to be much much shorter... a paragraph at most.