Ares Games

Thread: Armaments in Minature WW2 1/200 Models, A Photo Gallery and How-to Instructions

LoafOfBread

Thumbs up Armaments in Minature WW2 1/200 Models, A Photo Gallery and How-to Instructions

I ordered and painted 10 Armaments in Miniature 1/200 models recently. David was responsive and very helpful answering my questions about decals. I found the models to be high quality and in need of very little finishing. There is generally a mold line near the cowling and on the fuselage which you need to carefully scrape then sand. That's to be expected. The detail is excellent.

My order: 4 Spit Is, 2 Hurricane Is, 2 Yak-1s, 1 P-39, 1 Bf109, and decals.

PHOTO GALLERY

Construction materials besides the models themselves:
    1. Vallejo Model Air Paint and my Paasche Airbrush. Then do the camo with a brush. Thin your paints otherwise it's "globby".
    2. Litko bases and toppers which I re-purposed as base adapters to use the standard pegs. Watch which way you glue them. The hole is tapered.
    3. Gimbal Mounts and extra pegs from Aerodrome Accessories. I sawed off a peg half way and glued the magnet on with Elmer's glue. After CA superglue failed several times, due to it being so brittle with the magnets fall or 'snap' to the bearing. Sand the magnet to abrade the surface for better glue adhesion.
    4. Flying Legends for A decks for the Spits. The rest of the decks I already had from my old WoW starter or Fire boxes.

Enjoy! Any questions let me know.

Also, wanna trade? Need WW2 "H" deck and have "D" and "I" decks to trade, or money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hur-1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	73418
    Last edited by LoafOfBread; 02-03-2013 at 12:16. Reason: add photo

Loving the Hurricanes. AIM is my go-to site for WW2 paint your own, I've got 40. They are hard to beat for price and quality.

Cheers,

Carl.

Similar Missions

1. Armaments in Minature Planes
    By RickD in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 07:56
  2. Paper Model Gallery
    By batesyboy in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 14:00
  3. Rogues Gallery!