Ares Games

Thread: KR New Bomber Tray a Review

Default KR New Bomber Tray a Review

I recently got hold of a new hanger/protection/movement tray from the company Kaiser Rushforth KR cases.

This is one of their WoG WW1 bomber trays and has been designed to fit either the new Caproni or Gotha or one of each type.
    The tray itself comes in the standard blue soft and floppy type foam but for me this does give a bit more flexability in so much as te cut outs for the cards are made for the standard cards , be they bomber of scout. but as I myself use sleeves on all my cards the standard cut is just a bit small and so the sleeve edges get bent . The soft type ofthe KR cases gives a bit more give and so does not tend to curl, well as I have found anyway.
    The tray itself comes in two versions, the only difference being the depth, either a third or a 1/2 depth.
    The tray has room for two aircraft, a large cutout for the cards and bases, both will fit in the slot and another cutout for the manouvre decks.
    The tray will also take the Shapeways Caproni and the Fredrikshaven GIII bomber. Thewre is also a little entension piece that can be removed from the wing tips if you want a bit more space at the wing tips of your models.

The two new trays are designated as Wings 21 & Wings 22

I have the 1/3 type or wings 21

Here is the tray with the insets removed
    As can be seen a space for all the components and a slot for the pegs too.

Here with official Caproni & Gotha

and lastly with the two Shapeways models

If you already have the KR system these fit in with your standard cases. I personally like the system especially for the flexability for my sleeved cards as well as the protection while moving also as with most tray systems you can mix and match your trays to take to your games night what you are needing.
    the tray is a bit floppy as it is soft foam, but it does protect your models when in the case themselves. I have never had a breakage yet with mine and I have six of their standard cases
    The difference between this tray and previous trays is that it has been designed purely for the bombers, the other trays had room for a scout but no cards and was for either two Gothas or two Caproni.
    The new tray does the same, but with card slots , or one of each or similar Shapeways.
    Cost Wings 21 £8.99 while Wings 22 is £9.49 ( cos its bigger )

Take a look at their website, ill see about posting a link, go to the tab for Other and youll see Wins of War/Glory
    This really is for UK or European members as its a bit expensive to get the trays from AA in the States
    Give me a shout if I can answer any questions.

I'm starting to think about using foam trays as storage for my growing collection of planes , I'll put that idea on my wish list for my birthday or Christmas .

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    This really is for UK or European members as its a bit expensive to get the trays from AA in the States
    Give me a shout if I can answer any questions.
    I believe that the UK website includes free 8 day USPS shipping to the US. I added some items to the shopping cart and the free shipping option was there.
    I was impressed with their foam, my buddy got cases with his Dropzone Commander sets. I'm going to look at these! The boxes are getting too clunkey.

Thanks for putting this review in Chris. I was wondering how good they were in use. As you know I'm wedded to FiC. myself.
    Rob.

Thanks Chris. They look solid enough, and the models seem to fit well.

I use quite a few KR trays and find they are very good quality.
    Would recommend them.

What are the dimensions of the trays; I'm wondering how compatible they would be with the bags the AA sells, which I already have.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    What are the dimensions of the trays; I'm wondering how compatible they would be with the bags the AA sells, which I already have.
    Karl
    Karl been a long day at work, will get the dimensions for you tomorrow evening

I would certainly recommend KR.
    I use them for WoW, Warmachine, 40K, 28mm WWII etc - never had a breakage and they stack well too

Richard

I have a Ranger bag with AA trays. When I bought several planes from Redstarny, he shipped them in their KR trays. I would think all their trays would have the same dimensions. AA trays are about 7.5" x 13" and the KR trays are about 7.5" x 10", so they fit OK in a Ranger/Recon bag. You just have about a 3" gap on one side, which you could use to store other game items.

I took a look at their website and found out that there are several trays available that may suit our needs: there's one for the Shapeways Handley-Page bomber and even for Skytrex Balloons and their lorries...
    As KR will have a tradingstand at the upcoming TSA Crisis-convention in Antwerp I hope they bring a lot of their WOG trays with them ( I'll make sure to bring my credit-card )

I have their Handley Page tray and it is very good.
    If you want to pick up trays at Crisis it might pay to pre-order or drop them an e-mail with your interests as I went to a show earlier this year and couldn't get the trays I wanted as he didn't have the full range there.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil View Post
    I took a look at their website and found out that there are several trays available that may suit our needs: there's one for the Shapeways Handley-Page bomber and even for Skytrex Balloons and their lorries...
    As KR will have a tradingstand at the upcoming TSA Crisis-convention in Antwerp I hope they bring a lot of their WOG trays with them ( I'll make sure to bring my credit-card )

Here are a couple of pics showing the standard KR trays filled

Standard 4 x Scout tray

Standard 2 x Scout & 2 X 2-Seater

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    I have their Handley Page tray and it is very good.
    If you want to pick up trays at Crisis it might pay to pre-order or drop them an e-mail with your interests as I went to a show earlier this year and couldn't get the trays I wanted as he didn't have the full range there.
    Don
    I wished I had seen your post before I went to Crisis...he brought everything and the kitchen sink ...except the caprioni/gotha bomber trays

This said they were very helpfull in customizing one of my cases and, judging by the smile on their faces at the end of the show, they did very good bussiness in Antwerp.

What is the overall size of a tray?

Mark.

Just read your post Mark...

The trays are 25cm X 19cm

My entire collection is stationed in them. The trays fit snugly in the Card storage boxes.

As you may have noticed from my previous posts here I am pretty pleased with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    I use quite a few KR trays and find they are very good quality.
    Would recommend them.
    I have even dropped one , no damage to contents.

Think I might exchange my older soft foam trays for these, they seem snugger and better designed.

Similar Missions

1. Review of SoG box set.
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 11:48
  2. War Movies Review Suggestion
    By Blackronin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 16:53
  3. Wanted – Box and plastic tray for SPAD
    By Timmo UK in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4