Ares Games

Thread: New `T` Deck

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Default New `T` Deck

One thing thats noticable with the new Series 5 models is that there has been a number of changes to the card decks used.
    The DH2 and Halberstadt now use the `P` Deck rather than the `G` and the Fokker EIV presumably remains with the `G` Deck.
    Thats all OK as the `P` Deck always was in the old Immelmann pack but there is a bit of a problem with the Fokker DIII and Morane as they now use a new `T` deck rather than the old `G` one.

Now I was wondering if there was some solution for those of us who are still stuck with using the old Immelmann cards to be able to create a `T` Deck from one of the older decks as a stopgap measure until we can get hold of the new models?
    Last edited by Rabbit 3; 09-25-2012 at 11:36.

Use a R deck minus 1 left & 1 right sideslip or E deck minus the broad right & left sideslips Rob, or, you can use the G deck but forget the 'steep' marking on the Left/Right sideslips that have them.

T Deck:
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    2 right sideslip
    2 left sideslip
    Last edited by flash; 09-25-2012 at 11:47.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Use a R deck minus 1 left & 1 right sideslip or E deck minus the broad right & left sideslips Rob, or, you can use the G deck but forget the 'steep' marking on the Left/Right sideslips that have them.

T Deck:
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    2 right sideslip
    2 left sideslip
    So the new Deck is similar to the old `G` Deck then, just no steep sideslips?
    Those three options should help most of us, for me adapting the `R` is fine but then a lot of people won`t have it since it was only available in the `Balloon Buster` sets with the Nieuport 16.
    Similar problem with the `E` Deck as that one is only in the `Watch Your Back` set with the Nieuport 11 cards, that set though seems to still be fairly easy to get hold of.
    `G` is probably the best option over all as it`s in the Immelmann pack anyway.

For my non standard Moraines & EIII I have used the old G deck and blanked out the steeps on the sideslips as suggested. All that is needed is a photocopier/printer and some magic tape, job done to cover the steep symbol

As the Wingco is on inspection tour here in Avon this evening Ill show him first hand

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    For my non standard Moraines & EIII I have used the old G deck and blanked out the steeps on the sideslips as suggested. All that is needed is a photocopier/printer and some magic tape, job done to cover the steep symbol

As the Wingco is on inspection tour here in Avon this evening Ill show him first hand
    Indeed he did and I was suitably impressed as it will sort out the problem for me also.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. So about the new T deck
    By wargamer in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 03:01
  2. C deck
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 12:28
  3. P deck.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: Rules Help