Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Aerodrome Accessories

Default Introducing Aerodrome Accessories

It is my pleasure to introduce Aerodrome Accessories, a line of gaming and hobby products to enhance your games of aerial combat. All of the products offered our designed by players and are made to the highest standards. With your support, the product range will continue to grow. Below you will find the current products we offer. Other products we are currently working on include WWI squadron decals and highly detailed 3D bases for the recently released Balloon Busters set.

Flame and Smoke Markers

The Flame Marker is laser cut from 3/16 (5mm)orange acrylic and is over 2.5 inches (62mm) long. It has been laser etched on the top surface to add more detail to the flames and allow for coloring or painting to improve appearance for the gamers that have to have the most realistic effects.

The Smoke Marker is laser cut from 1/8 (3mm) tinted acrylic and is right at 3 (75mm) inches long. Its semitransparent gray color and etched details add to the effect of a smoking engine.

Both of the markers simply slide over the official Wings of War flight peg.

I have done some custom painting on this set of makers to add even more realism to them:

Scout / Allied Two-Seater Flight Stand

The Flight Stand is laser cut from 1/8 inch clear acrylic. All text and firing arcs have been laser etched into the base for clear and precise details. Each flight stand comes with a built in Altitude Ring from 1 to 16. Also included is a set of dials that can be used to track either fuel, range, or climb rate. These dials cover a range of 1 to 8.

Each stand is compatible with Wings of War as a single seat fighter base, or as an Allied two-seater base. When used for the two-seater, their is optional blind spot markings that can be colored in. There is also handy etched box for marking aircraft stats or personal markings in.

It is suggested that you color in the etched details with colored crayons of your choice to make them stand out.

The center peg is not included. If you are using the Flight Stand with the official Wings of War miniatures, it is suggested that you us an official Wings of War flight peg with the tip cut off and filed smooth. This modified peg will slide though the center hole and fit snugly in place. Additional flight pegs can then be added on as normal.

See the video here.

This Flight Stand has had its altitude ring colored in to show the max altitude of 13.

Here the Flight Stand has been colored in for use with an Allied Two-Seater. The optional blind spot dotted line has been colored in as well.

These pictures show the bases in use:

1/144 scale WWII Bomber Stands

B-24 Liberator Flight Stand

The B-24 Liberator Flight Stand is laser cut from 1/8 inch clear acrylic. All text and firing arcs have been laser etched into the base for clear and precise details. Each flight stand comes with a built in Altitude Ring from 1 to 16. Also included is a set of dials that can be used to track either fuel, range, bomb load or climb rate. These dials cover a range of 1 to 8.

Turret firing arcs were based off of extensive research of the A-6A (Consolidated) turrets install in the majority of these aircraft. Each firing arc has a 1/8 inch clear post inserted at the gun location for easy measuring of firing range.

Also in the 1/144 Scale Bomber Flight Stand range are the G4M Betty and Ki-21 Sally. The next bomber in the range will be the B-17.

Gimbal Mounts

These Gimbal Mounts are made from incredibly strong neodymium ring magnets and chrome plated steel ball bearings. The gimbal mount allows you to adjust the attitude of the plane on the stand to simulate pitch, roll, and yaw during a game. This adds a nice dynamic appearance to the game.

Attach the ring magnet to the top of a flight peg with superglue. To attach the ball bearing to the plane, it is best to drill a small hole in the bottom of the plane so that the ball bearing can sit slightly into the plane. Use superglue to adhere it to the plane. For official Wings of War miniatures, you can leave the small post on the bottom of the plane so that you can use it with the original flight pegs if you need to.

See the video here.

very nice Keith, very nice!

Will you be shipping to the U.K, as on your order form you have to select a U.S state?

You should not have to select a state if you change the country (a few fields belwo the state entry).

Oh MY GOD!
    That looks really great, those ball mounts are like the coolest thing ever and can be used to show your latest maneuver!

Okay, the State field is no longer required. For you guys outside the US, simply select International shipping from the drop down box in your shopping cart and then the correct country on the checkout form.

Name
    Thomas
    Sorties Flown

Great work! I´m thinking about getting some. Maybe it is possible to make an order together to save oversea P&P.

You could get your local gaming group to go in and place a larger order to save P&P for each person. I think I've managed to keep P&P down to a pretty low rate (just US$10.56) for all but the very largest overseas orders.

Thumbs up Introducing Aerodrome Accessories

Kieth Those look great,it has been worth the wait. I have two bases for your next projects list. Ju-88 and He-111, 1940 vintage would be nice!

Rich

The stands look cool.

Col. Hajj

Will there be Bomber bases for the WWI planes?

I am thinking of getting some Gotha bombers but want some decent sized bases for them.....

Also whats the p&p to New Zealand going to be like?

Trying to get a few of the kiwi lads together to do a decent sized order.

Cheers
    GW

Thanks everyone. I'd also like to apologize for the site sending out the announcement email so many times... I hate getting spammed... even more when I do it to my self!

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Col. Hajj

Will there be Bomber bases for the WWI planes?

I am thinking of getting some Gotha bombers but want some decent sized bases for them.....

Also whats the p&p to New Zealand going to be like?

Trying to get a few of the kiwi lads together to do a decent sized order.

Cheers
    GW
    I currently do not have any plans to do bases for the bombers that are going to have official miniatures. I'll take another look at the idea once we see what the official bases look like I guess.

All but the largest orders should still be the US$10.56.

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Kieth Those look great,it has been worth the wait. I have two bases for your next projects list. Ju-88 and He-111, 1940 vintage would be nice!
    The Ju-88 will defiantly be in the next batch of bases (if these do well enough!) along with the B-17. The He-111 might have to wait a little while though.

If anyone else has a "wish list" feel free to post them up!

wjhupp

Keith,
    These are awesome and very reasonably priced. My order will follow ASAP.
    Great job!
    Bill

A couple of comments:

First, the post announcing these (very) cool products doesn't include a link or URL to the website???? (Maybe I missed something?) For those that don't know, I found it at http://mobowow.powweb.com/store/index.html

Second, the shipping seems awfully high for small orders. If I order a set or two of smoke/flame markers, that's $2 each for the product and another $5 for shipping. Isn't First Class mail an option?

Sorry, but I can't see paying $7 for one set, or $9 for two sets of the markers-- especially when it is so easy to make your own from a piece of sheet styrene and a couple of Sharpie markers. (And I know that you can send a small first class envelope internationally for a lot less than $10.)

Not all of us have a bunch of gamer buddies with whom we can build a consolidated order. Just some feedback from a potential customer....

Just sent an order for two of the stands. Superb! Just what I have been waiting for. Will get smoke and fire later plus some balls for Albert's plane. No pun intended. O.K. It was.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Dammit no. I'm sending for them now.
    Kyte.

Keith, Excellent stuff

Excellant ! order placed !

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! Thank you so much for providing these items! I have already submitted an order.

For product expansion, would you please consider making awesome looking plastic smoke,fire counters and speed (WWII) chips? and instead of WWII cardboard damage chips, plastic ones?

I dont have a Paypal account...How else can I send you payment???

Quote Originally Posted by Propjockey53 View Post
    I dont have a Paypal account...How else can I send you payment???
    For those of you with out Paypal, email me at colhajj@wingsofwar.org for other payment options. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ff151 View Post
    Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! Thank you so much for providing these items! I have already submitted an order.

For product expansion, would you please consider making awesome looking plastic smoke,fire counters and speed (WWII) chips? and instead of WWII cardboard damage chips, plastic ones?
    Are you wanting something different for smoke and fire for WWII? The speed and damage chips could get very sticky with Nexus. I would most likely have to do blanks or something that the customer filled in. Would have to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by rcboater View Post
    A couple of comments:

First, the post announcing these (very) cool products doesn't include a link or URL to the website???? (Maybe I missed something?) For those that don't know, I found it at http://mobowow.powweb.com/store/index.html
    The email that I sent out did have a link to the store... and directions on how to find it here on the site. I did notice after it went out that the link to the store used the "server" address instead of the user/customer address. It still takes you to the correct place though.

Second, the shipping seems awfully high for small orders. If I order a set or two of smoke/flame markers, that's $2 each for the product and another $5 for shipping. Isn't First Class mail an option?

Sorry, but I can't see paying $7 for one set, or $9 for two sets of the markers-- especially when it is so easy to make your own from a piece of sheet styrene and a couple of Sharpie markers. (And I know that you can send a small first class envelope internationally for a lot less than $10.)

Not all of us have a bunch of gamer buddies with whom we can build a consolidated order. Just some feedback from a potential customer....
    The prices for shipping are based off of the size of the padded envelope that I decided to use and the fact that with the products inside make them not uniformly flat. That means they have to go as large envelopes and cheapest option for domestic US mail is Priority Mail. I could go Priority Mail Flat Rate for $0.45 less, but then there is no padding in the envelope that you have to use (that they give you).

As for the International shipping, I think you will be hard pressed to find any shop that is doing shipping for US$10.56! Sure I could ship to Canada and some closer countries for a little less, but at this stage, my online store program will not handle the shipping correctly for that.

I do agree with you that if you only order a base or two, that shipping is pretty high. However, that's the way it is pretty much every where

No I didn't mean different flame and smoke markers, but the counters to show how many more turns you have to leave the markers on the planes.

I can somewhat see a copyright infringement, but if you make the counters generic enough where it could be used for various different games.....

For smoke and fire markers, order placed have I

pmerighi

Looks very very good.
    Nice work.

Great job as always!

Thanks Keith,
    Frank.

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

Meh. I think I'll stick with the original WoW stands.

Users Country Flag

Name
    allen
    Sorties Flown

i like them, it's a good idea

Kieth thanks! Put the He-111 on your wish list! I have 6 of them!

Rich

The He-111 is in Rain of Destruction, so Im not sure if Ill do them... Maybe on special pre-order basis after we know what the real base and stats are.

Smile Introducing Aerodrome Accessories

Kieth Is that due for release this year or is it coming out RSN? Real soon now!

Rich

Some time later this year... I think 4th quarter, so it will be a while.

Kieth! Thanks i will look into it.

Rich

Kieth,

I looked at your gimble mount and have a few questions. What is the size of the pieces and why do you choose to put the bearing on the plane and the magnet on the peg? Most of those looking at the gimble did it the other way around.

I'm glad you put this together and am assembling my order.

Pooh

Appears to me from this thread aand others that there are a lot of people complaining about the cost of products. Well you have two choices buy the product or don't buy the product its up to you, but what you can do for the rests of us is to complain of line, I am not intrested in your comments.
    By the way I am not rich just living on wealfare and a little bit of work, so there are products I cannot afford (so be it) but I also consider myself to be a true wargamer in the fact that there almost nothing (within reason) I would not do to get the money for a product I want

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Kieth,

I looked at your gimble mount and have a few questions. What is the size of the pieces and why do you choose to put the bearing on the plane and the magnet on the peg? Most of those looking at the gimble did it the other way around.

I'm glad you put this together and am assembling my order.

Pooh
    I went with the ring magnet on the flight peg as it allowed for more surface area for the glue to adhere too. The way I do it is, I fill the opening in the top of the peg with superglue and place the ring magnet on top of it and let it sit a few minutes so that it makes a good bond, but is still tacky. I think fill the ring magnet almost full of superglue. This make a strong bond of glue that goes all the way through the ring magnet and into the flight peg. If the magnet gets hit on it's side, it would have to break that solid "column" of glue to come off.

The bearing on the plane does much the same. I drill a hole in the plane that is smaller then the bearing. I think fill that hole with superglue and drop the bearing down in there. That makes it so that the "walls" of the plane help hold the bearing in place and the superglue ties it all together.

Since I'm setting up all my bases and planes to use this system, if one of them mounts break, that plane is out of action... and maybe me as well if I don't have a spare one handy.

As for the sizes, I think the magnet has an OD of 1/4 and and ID of 1/8. The bearing is 3/32 I think.?.

Hi Doug,
    Where did all that come from? You know a lot of us on here are just a load of winging Poms. It does help to air things I know, but also a good deal of real information comes of these discussions. Live and let live. If you don't like a thread don't read it. I ignore the threads that I'm not interested in. After all we all have different opinions, don't we. No one wants to spoil your enjoyment of the forum.
    Best regards, Rob.

Thanks Kieth,

I've got my order in and will run it by the guys I game with. The reason for the size question is that a friend of mine prefers 1/300 scale check your 6 and is also looking at accesories especially the gimble mount.

Pooh

Cool, the ring magnet does have an OD of 1/4 and the bearing is 3/32, so they should work just fine for 1/300 aircraft I think.

Ordered!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Cool, the ring magnet does have an OD of 1/4 and the bearing is 3/32, so they should work just fine for 1/300 aircraft I think.
    I saw the image and I think you are doing a fantastic work..
    Now the question...
    Do you think those magnets are strong enough for a 1:72 scale metal plane?

Thanks and have a nice fly

PAV, I do not think they are strong enough for 1:72 scale metal aircraft. I'm sure I could source some that are though. How many would you need?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    PAV, I do not think they are strong enough for 1:72 scale metal aircraft. I'm sure I could source some that are though. How many would you need?
    Hi Col. Hajj,
    till now I have 3 Stukas, 3 Bf-109, 2 Fw-190, 5 Spitfire and 1 Macchi M.C.202 Folgore but I like to buy more
    So about 20 magnets..

Thanks

What kind of flight pegs and bases are you going to be using for these?

Kieth my order just arrived to in the mail. Fast work thank you. Now we start a new question. How did you mark you display basses?

rich

Users Country Flag

Name
    ERIN
    Sorties Flown

Default Very nice work!

As a veteran gamer and a long time tinkerer, I have some idea as to the work that has gone into the research and developement of these accessories. These are fine examples of craftmanship and provide for a need that most didn't even think of.

The pricing for such specialized equipment is extremely low.

I for one will be investing these and hopefully others will follow suit. We must, as a gaming community, support our innovators so they can continue to come up with their fun and wild ideas that we all benefit from.

Cheers!

Snowy

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Kieth my order just arrived to in the mail. Fast work thank you. Now we start a new question. How did you mark you display basses?
    Rich, sorry about. I thought I mentioned it some place or that it was "known". You simply need to color the lines in with what ever color crayon you would like. I have found that Crayola band crayons works the best. They are less greasy and more waxy then other brands I've tried. Don't worry about being messy when you color the lines in, just take a paper towel or rag and way off the excess and you are good to go. Some care should be taken to make sure you don't put one color where you want it to be a different color (like the firing arcs and altitude ring).

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    As a veteran gamer and a long time tinkerer, I have some idea as to the work that has gone into the research and developement of these accessories. These are fine examples of craftmanship and provide for a need that most didn't even think of.

The pricing for such specialized equipment is extremely low.

I for one will be investing these and hopefully others will follow suit. We must, as a gaming community, support our innovators so they can continue to come up with their fun and wild ideas that we all benefit from.

Cheers!

Snowy
    Thanks Snowy. So far the products have been well received.

Rob, just had to get it out of my system, and most of the wingers are not poms!

Hi Doug. Nice to hear from you. Sometimes it is good to let off steam, rather than bottle it up and then take it out on your mates later. Anyway, great to make your acquaintance. I will buy you a beer in the mess when I see you.
    Regards, Rob.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Welcome to the Wings of War Aerodrome
    By zMaint in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:41
  2. Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome
    By sparty in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 02:56
  3. Aerodrome Attack
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: Mission Discussions