Ares Games

Thread: "Most Wanted" from Shapeways

Default "Most Wanted" from Shapeways

With the recent delivery from Shapeways designers of the Salmson, SPAD 13 and AEG G.IV off of folk's "most wanted lists", I'll start the next lilne of inquiry:

What are the top 3 aircraft on your "most wanted llist" in order of priority?
    Last edited by Mike W; 01-21-2012 at 16:22.

For me:

1. Albatros D.I
    2. SPAD 11
    3. Nieuport 24

1. Voisin 3
    2. Phoenix C.I
    3. Pomilio PC
    4. Nieuport 27/24
    5. Nieuport 24bis
    6. Nieuport 21

Voison 3, not a pretty plane but lots built, one of my books says the first German plane shot down was downed by an Voison 3.
    Used by the French, Brits, Belgiums, Italians and Russians.

1. Caproni Ca4
    2. DH 9
    3. FBA type H

1. Voisin 3 (can't have too many pushers)
    2. DH9
    3. FE8 (Can't have etc)

Then a few 2 seater Nieuports/SPADs would be nice
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

1 - Voisin type III
    2- FBA type H
    3- DH4 ( but I would settle for a DH9 also )

Methinks Zoe's no 2 is not far off......
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Question

Is there not a Phoenix D1 due as well?

A Martinsyde would also be nice.

Here are my picks, much modified given the incredible productivity of both Kampfflieger and Colinwe:

1. Pfalz D.viii (this should just about complete my late-war German fighter collection)

2. Rumpler 6B (another German float plane- einsitzer, nice clean lines, long service life)

3. Albatros W.4 (again, should be easy to do since Kampfflieger already makes an Albatros D.II)

Chris

For me:

Spad 11/16
    DH9
    Avro 504

For me
    1. Voisin 3
    2. SAML 2
    3. Phonix D1(2)

I would vote for a DH9 & an Austi Ball AFB1 for Wingcos sake, and I like the idea of a what if aircraft.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

More money to afford what they are bringing out

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

1/ Caudron R11 A.3
    2/ Halberstadt C.V
    3/ Martinsyde G100/102

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Maes View Post
    Here are my picks, much modified given the incredible productivity of both Kampfflieger and Colinwe:

1. Pfalz D.viii (this should just about complete my late-war German fighter collection)
    Funny you should say that....

JohnWilliams

I like 1915/1916. So, I would like to have a model of these important early types :

1. Nieuport 10 (single seater)
    2. Albatros D.I
    3. Voisin 3

Since I haven't seen a post on this thread in 24 hours, and since a couple of the planes requested have taken flight since the question was posted, I’ve determined that based upon a totally unscientific weighting of the aircraft by individuals' rankings (3 pts to 1st choice, 2 pts to 2nd choice, 1 pts to 3rd choice) of those that voted it appears that the topmost currently desired models are:

1. Voison 3
    2. DH9
    3. Albatros D.I and SPAD 11/16

In addition, there are at least a dozen more types desired and listed. Hopefully this is of interest to the Shapeway modelers!

Since I haven't seen a post on this thread in 24 hours, and since a couple of the planes requested have taken flight since the question was posted, I’ve determined that based upon a totally unscientific weighting of the aircraft by individuals' rankings (3 pts to 1st choice, 2 pts to 2nd choice, 1 pts to 3rd choice) of those that voted it appears that the topmost currently desired models are:

1. Voison 3
    2. DH9
    3. Albatros D.I and SPAD 11/16

In addition, there are at least a dozen more types desired and listed. Hopefully this is of interest to the Shapeway modelers!

For me the Pfalz D.XV please, Pfalz D.VIII will be on my next order.
    A-H Phönix fighters are on the next order too so I´ll need some italian opponents:

1. SAML 2
    2. SVA 5
    3. Hansa-Brandenburg D.I - with horizontal stabilizer
    4. Aviathik D.I - raised gun version with ear-cooler
    5. ...

open end!!

But don´t hurry colin, I´m running out of money!

Matthias

Users Country Flag

Name
    Colin
    Sorties Flown

Hi, Italian planes are definitely something I want to do very soon nd I've just added the Phonix C.I so the K.U.K is expanding.

Colin

Default "Most Wanted"

Tally updated to include late responses and remove produced aircraft. Top three priorities of those that responded are now:

1. Voison 3
    2. DH9
    3. SPAD 11/16 and SAML 2 (tie)

Honorable listing to Caudron R.11 since it was next on the list and had numerous votes on a previous poll. Somebody wrote they were going to pay to have it made. So, maybe folks aren't voting for it now.

Maybe I'll turn this into a regular poll with the top contenders
    Last edited by Mike W; 01-27-2012 at 15:57.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Colin
    Sorties Flown

Hi, I hope to have a finished Voisin 3 a little later today, so a picture may follow shortly.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by colinwe View Post
    Hi, I hope to have a finished Voisin 3 a little later today, so a picture may follow shortly.
    Expect a few more orders - about 20 people expressed an interest and intent to buy from your shop today. They got to see your work in both the pristine and painted/decalled state, and were most impressed.

There are too many "Shapeways Wanted" threads currently open and we have data spread out all over the place. To solve this, I'm allowing only one thread of this type per month, and the current thread that will server from now until March 1 is here.

Thank you,

Oberst Hajj