This is AAR for a game between: Doug, Australia; OldGuy59, Canada; tikkifriend, France and Nightbomber, Poland. A truly Global game!

Thanks to all who joined in to make gaming history today.
Doug went out and bought a webcam for the occassion, and Nightbomber jumped in this week, as well, to make it an awesome foursome. So what if I got shot out of the sky twice, it was fun. It is ironic that my closest regular opponent for WoW is in France. It is kind of hard to share a drink in the mess, after the furball.

Doug, in Australia:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doug, Australia.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	86965

Around the World Maps:

Name:	Map_Aust_CanadaCrop.jpg 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	86966
Rough, straight line distances:
Toowoomba, Australia to Comox, Canada: 11,816 kms = 7,342 miles

Name:	Map_Canada_FranceDist.jpg 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	86967
Comox, Canada to Talvern, France: 7,808 kms = 4,851 miles

Name:	Map_EuropeDist.jpg 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	86968
Talvern, France to Opole, Poland: 1,550 kms = 962 miles

Name:	Map_Poland_Aust2Crop.jpg 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	86969
Opole, Poland to Toowoomba, Australia: 15,391 kms = 9,563 miles

tikkifriend and I are shown in the following link:
International Skype Game - France-vs-Canada March 2013 AAR.

The game was midnight for me, morning for tikkifriend and Nightbomber (9:00 AM), and evening for Doug (5:00 PM). So, this just fits into the Saturday Night Dogfight thread.

Set-up Pictures:
Table and computer, with 2nd trial Webcam (Logitech 350) attached to the dining room light for an overhead view (Trialed a Logitech c920, also, but not good enough for $120, finally settled for a MS Lifecam HD-5000 that was on special for $30). After all that, I finally had a decent camera that could capture the full playing area.

Name:	Game04Setup1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	86974

The playing area is indicated by the business cards on the table. This time it worked out to 3X4 feet or 98X130 cms. This, again, is a limitation of the capture area of the camera. I raised the light as high as I could, without putting the computer on a pedestal too.

Name:	Game05_Trn01StartComp.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	86973
The game was a plane each, with Doug (Albatros D.III) and Nightbomber (Fokker Dr.I) flying Central Powers, and for the Entente: tikkifriend (SPAD XIII); and I (Sopwith Camel).

AAR to follow, but it was a complete drumming for the Entente. I looked at the Points System threads and thought we should give Doug an Ace Skill to compensate for his plane, against the performance of the other three. Neither of the other two pilots were up for that. So, Doug went into the battle with the “inferior” plane. The only person to get all the way through the fight with the same plane was Doug. Nightbomber, tikkifriend and I were all shot down twice! So much for an “inferior” plane. It just goes to show, a skilled pilot and some luck, against boom cards (not me this time!) and little experience in flying (yeah, that would be me), is equal to an Ace Skill or two.

CP Victory – Overwhelmingly!

One Albatros D.III (survived) and two Fokker Dr.1s (lost both) against two SPAD XIIIs and two Sopwith Camels (all shot from the sky).

More to follow tomorrow!

Mike