Ares Games

Thread: Balloon Attack

Default Balloon Attack

This afternoon we used a version of the balloon busting scenario in KoA. Seven German aircraft attacked two Allied balloons defended by mg's and five scouts. It turned out to be an excellent game and had a nailbiting finish.

The Germans had shot down one balloon and had only one aircraft left, with one damage point remaining, the balloon had four hit points left, the Allies still had four scouts in the air. The last DVII made a run, got two hits, took a couple itself but continued flying, another run, the balloon goes up and the DVII hits the deck!

An excellent afternoon's gaming.

Did you happen to get an pictures? I bet that was quite a sight while everything was in the air! How big of a surface did you use?

I did take some pictures but haven't looked at them yet, I have been down with a horrendous cold and sore throat this week, I'll have a look at them tomorrow and see if any are good enough for the gallery.

I use a 5x3.5 foot table, which is half my normal wargaming table of 7x5 feet. It is covered in a mat representing the Western Front. I used the KoA scenario for deployment but only have two balloons. It was one of the best games I have had so far with WoW.

It really does make a difference when you have more than just a couple of players.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...pictureid=2830

I didn't get too many good shots, the close ups of the balloons are covered in damage cards and not great, but the above shows the set up at the start.

Looks very cool. Makes me excited to field the balloons coming balloon busters expansions. I like the damage markers you have in your other pictures too.

Nice. It appears that you also have the Terrain Mat from the fellow there England?

Yes, I got it last year, but I only bring it out for large games at the weekends, during the week I can use green felt, green rubber mat (old GW product which they do not do anymore) or just the table. I also have a huge amount of Geo-Hex if I really need to go overboard.

But the mat looks good.

Your gaming table looks good!

Also a great album of re-paints! A true talent at painting! That must have been an epic game too, lovely table cloth. My gaming table surface is my mom's green and red table cloth!

Sounds like a very fun mission. Definitely more planes than Hunter and I could handle on our own. Hopefully the PA squadron will get some new recruits soon and we can give one of these bigger missions a try.

Thanks for sharing!

Scott

Thanks very much for that George. i did enjoy seeing your approach to the repaints, and the artwork. Must get my son to show me how to edit out the stands like that.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. German Ground Attack on British Tank Assault
    By krolik in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 12:18
  2. Japanese attack on US airfield
    By krolik in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 22:28