Ares Games
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Series 3 Miniatures

Good point! I suppose they put the red stars there for easy identification in game, but it's very non-historical :-D

Looks like Nexus goofed again - like the sky blue Pfalz DIII's and the back-to-front struts on the Albatross....

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
    now we need some cowboy killers! p51 Mustangs!!! probably wont see them til 2014!!!!
    Or later!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaja View Post
    and i want some avengers
    YES!! SBD's as well!

I think so! It's not fair only Axis can use dive bombers... How Allied Forces can replay Midway? ;-)

P-47'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize that you can't please everyone but, who ever decides which planes are to be put in a series must be a relative of the owners, and should be let go.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaja View Post
    and i want some avengers
    Check back to post 146. Email him and see how much shipping would be? I'm just curious. They are really cool looking planes.

Tom

Any confirmed release date on these? Spoke to a vendor today who is expecting them this month. Another vendor is taking preorders.

I have been told by my vendor that we should get them in Brisbane (Australia) in September.

anyone have an inside track on when cool stuff inc will be getting series 3? I preordered in July, and most places don't charge til they ship, but they charged me in full in July! lol it's ok, just wondering if there was a more sepcific date than "as soon as possible"? I emailed them as well, but you guys seem to know more sooner! ;-)

S~!

You should expect a refund from them. With Nexus going under, there is no release date or any way of knowing if they will ever show up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    You should expect a refund from them. With Nexus going under, there is no release date or any way of knowing if they will ever show up at all.
    wow, you were right! I called them and they refunded the order...

So now what???

My supplier was informed that they were produced, but still in containers in China. I was hopeful that they had been sold and shipped so they could still hit the market despite Nexus demise.

More delay news: my I stopped by my LFGS today, and when we looked online, Alliance had taken the series 3 minis off the pre-order page; the sku numbers are no longer valid (forgot to have him check Rain of Destruction).

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

this is all so very frustrating... not just nexus, but it has been sooooooooo long over due for most of the mini's sitting in some crate on a dock as well as all the ones that should already be done!!! so many key aircraft have not even been put on the drafting table. I mean if we had taken this long to make the REAL aircraft we would all speak German!

Quote Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
    this is all so very frustrating... not just nexus, but it has been sooooooooo long over due for most of the mini's sitting in some crate on a dock as well as all the ones that should already be done!!! so many key aircraft have not even been put on the drafting table. I mean if we had taken this long to make the REAL aircraft we would all speak German!
    You mean the world woud Speak japanese! If i go over the Models the germans have only 2. even the french have more Models to chose from.

Even when you play with the cards there is some strange things.

It will be intresting to see what Angilo and the new owners cook up for us, not that I am expecting any thing soon. But I am betting we will see WW2 Series 3 before Christmas 2011 if they are already made. Its a question of giving Angilo time to get things organised.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    It will be intresting to see what Angilo and the new owners cook up for us, not that I am expecting any thing soon. But I am betting we will see WW2 Series 3 before Christmas 2011 if they are already made. Its a question of giving Angilo time to get things organised.
    What new Owners? Did i missed some thing?

Why pre-Pearl Harbor? Where's the Hellcat? I love the P-40's, I look at my Avatar. But I need the hellcat, Corsair, P-38, P-61, etc.

Patients Weedhopper.

Talking about pre-Pearl Harbor... The Hawasaki Ki-100 made its first flight 1 February 1945. So... Why do japanese fighters have such timing advantage? I think Allies deserve a comparable "modern" fighter.

Hershall my mistake by new owners I meant the other wings of war game designers

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Hershall my mistake by new owners I meant the other wings of war game designers
    You shocked me. From my expierence its every time the same new Owner screw up a Game special when you can complain some thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Talking about pre-Pearl Harbor... The Hawasaki Ki-100 made its first flight 1 February 1945. So... Why do japanese fighters have such timing advantage? I think Allies deserve a comparable "modern" fighter.
    With the european Theater is almost the same the as exemplam the Reggiane 2001 was only built 252 times. The french dewoitine over the Years 910 built, but france was beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by jhary View Post
    With the european Theater is almost the same the as exemplam the Reggiane 2001 was only built 252 times. The french dewoitine over the Years 910 built, but france was beaten.
    France lost against panzers, but was not over. After fighting Messers and Heinkels, they fought against British Fulmars, Catalinas and Hurricanes.
    I'm very happy D520 is there, I think she could be a great fighter if France was not defeated. Even so, she made it rather well in Mediterranean Theatre, and in Italian, Bulgarian and Luftwaffe service.

It was a great fighter and i´m wondering why the "Mainforces" are so restricted.

I think it has to do with aircraft speed. The maneuver cards we have are already almost maxed out when it comes to speed (there's not much room on a standard size card for longer arrows for higher speed aircraft). Even the later war Italian and Japanese fighters were built more for maneuverability than speed, though, so they can be accommodated by the decks we've already got.

The 100 is basically an improved Ki-61, so it may be seeing the earlier model's availability taken into account too.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    The 100 is basically an improved Ki-61, so it may be seeing the earlier model's availability taken into account too.
    Thinking like that, we can play with the Spitfire MkIX, an improved Spitfire ;-)

Just another example of the somewhat bizarre choices made by the developers - the same folks who gave us the Sopwith Snipe for WWI!!

My read is the 100 wasn't that big of an improvement, though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Wings of War series 5 miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 17:24
  2. WGF: Series 4 Miniatures
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:00
  3. WGF: Hit & Run booster