Ares Games

Thread: Wings of Glory Poster?

Default Wings of Glory Poster?

Hey friends,

My son and I are playing Wings of Glory at our local game store here in Arkansas USA. Are there any posters of Wings of Glory we could display while we are playing? My son and I are hoping to entice more players to join us, especially since my son says he gets tired of beating me every weekend! I emailed Ares last year and they would not even SELL me a poster. I even offered to pay for it to get printed out and everything, but they declined. So I thought I would ask you guys.

I'd love a poster to help us advertise and get more players going. I would LOVE to have enough players to get a dedicated game twice a month, every month. That would be so much fun! I look over at the posters, flags, and signs they have for games when they play Star Wars or Warhammer. And these are just fans like me who play with the coolest poster displays with stands. That's what I wanna do. Does anyone have any thoughts here? I'm no artist, and not a graphic designer. I'm a Pastor. LOL My business is words. Help! lolol

Thank you guys!

-Chuck
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

I have an extra one of these if you think it will work for you. I'm sure I can be pursuaded to part with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poster.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	337266

Some chaps have Wings of glory banners that they had made, Chuck, I expect one of them might be along to advise how they were done.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Mike (Oldguy59) has some in his photo albums.

Here is one of them. You can add your details to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wings of VictoryBlank.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	337278

PS: Last year Keith was nice enough to permit me to print one of these posters and I never got around to it because of the logos. The problem is I don't have any of the logos digitally clear enough to make them large on a poster. Even taking them from the official webpage, when you blow them up they look bad, fuzzy, pixelated. I'm not an artist and not a tech guy. I dont have photoshop and all that.

So if anyone has the skill to design a poster I can print off, I would love the help! I'm sorry to be a bother.

Thanks to Dave for finding this thread for me from last year. https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ghlight=Banner
    The banner you see him standing by is exactly would I would be honored to have!

Blessings to you guys,

-Chuck
    Last edited by ArkansasChuck; 04-02-2024 at 09:50. Reason: spelling
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

Big thanks to Keith who set me up not only with the files, but the best place to have them printed! So excited. In a couple of weeks we'll have the whole set up for our games. I am really excited!

Thanks everyone for helping me make this happen. Thanks Keith for the files!

That's a relief as I found that my file was too large to transmit.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. National: Wings of Glory / Wings of Past / Wings of Money
    By gratefulbob in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 10:38
  2. National: Wings of Glory a Napoli - Wings of Glory in Neaples
    By Angiolillo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 02:02
  3. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory with the designer in Rome, 25th of September
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2015, 23:45
  4. National: Wings of Glory e Sails of Glory a Roma, venerdì 25 settembre
    By Angiolillo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2015, 23:23