Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Club 04/24 at Entoyment Poole

Default Flight Club 04/24 at Entoyment Poole

After long winter break, the tenth meeting of Flight Club is set to go ahead on Sunday 7th April 2024 at Entoyment Poole for yet more WGF, and possibly WGS, mayhem

The usual crowd have already been notified but if you're a forum member that wants to come and join the fun then get your name down & let me know via PM if you want attend.
    This is not an Entoyment event i.e. you cannot book a place to play via the shop. I will manage the table bookings and the cost to attend will be three quid a head on the day to be paid to Hu Rhu on arrival please.

This is not a demo/participation like we'd usually put on at an event but a day for us to get into some more involved gaming and play some bigger, longer, WW1 (and possibly WW2) scenario type games than we may usually get at a show. I will update an idea of content nearer the time but, as they usually go down well, there will be one hour dogfights in the mix and maybe an opportunity to fly something you don't have or don't use too often. If anyone has a scenario they'd like to put on for this event please PM me.

A couple of images from the last outing;

Name:  One Hour.JPG
Views: 1600
Size:  168.9 KB
    L-R: Baz; Ajay; Gary; Tim; Pete; Iain; Sean; Andy; Hobz.

And a foray into WW2 Pacific.

Name:  Pacific.JPG
Views: 1602
Size:  195.5 KB

For those not familiar with the location the address is:
    Entoyment, Unit 2, Fleetsbridge Business Centre, Poole BH17 7AF. The venue opens at 09.00, ideally we will start the first scenario at 10:00 and we're usually spent by 17.00 if not before.

There's good parking, they are able to provide hot food & plenty of tea; there is a Tesco store not far away (within walking distance) if you want something different, which also has a fuel station attached.

Entoyment also sells WoG, SoG, BSG & Tripods!

If you'd like to see what you're in for here are the previous events:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ntoyment-Poole

These are the usual table rules:
    No kids.
    No altitude.
    No tailing.
    No disruption.
    Aim in play (+1 consec hits)
    Split-S in play.
    Blind spots in play.
    EXP = Half start damage rounded up.

Potential Attendees (Bold highlighted are confirmed):

Gary (Hu Rhu)
    Dave (flash)
    Barrie (Baz)
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1)
    Hobz (Yellow Peril)
    Iain (Chianti Raider)
    Mark (Woof)
    Pete
    Stuart
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    Tony (tonyc206)
    Jason (for 3rd game)

Couldn't make it
    Sean (Algonquin)
    Rob(Rabscallion)
    Sue (Suzie)
    Chris

Can't make it:
    Andy L (Ajay)
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Richard
    Justin (JuD)
    Andy T(Sauerkraut)
    Last edited by flash; 04-19-2024 at 07:11. Reason: update attendees

Thanks for doing this Gary. We all know that Dave (Flash) normally organizes the event and we wish him well with his forthcoming neck op. Go Dave go!
    So thanks, Gary, for stepping up for this one Let us know if you need any equipment for the event as well as scenarios.
    PS I'm in providing I don't fall off my horse the previous weekend and injure myself in the process

Depending how recovery goes I'll be along for a little Wings therapy !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Great. Look forward to seeing you there

We have two possible scenarios already:

The Photo Op
    She'll be coming round the mountain.

If anyone has a yen to write one drop me a pm with the ideas. We can always pool resources to get the right number of planes onto the table.

With just over a month to go I thought I'd add an update for those who have signed up.

We have 4 games planned, all WW1

1 - Push me, Pull you - 1 Hour dogfight with early war planes.
    2 - There and Back again - A photo reconnaissance mission with mid war planes
    3 - She'll be coming round the Mountain - A foray onto the Italian Front with a twist
    4 - Hun in the Sun - 1 Hour dogfight with late war planes.

We have 10 confirmed pilots so far but there are still plenty of places available so please let me know if you can make it either here on the thread or by PM.
    Last edited by Hu Rhu; 02-29-2024 at 02:17.

That looks like a good line up, Gary, thanks for covering for me. Hopefully some other chaps will be able to make the shindig. We have a new recruit Wednesdays too, don't we ?

I hope to get along, too.

I'll be fresh back from Prague, so work are being a bit iffy - but I'm working on 'em!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Suzie
    Sorties Flown

Default I'm in

Evening all - found the forum ��
    Have added the 07th to the calendar.
    Last edited by flash; 02-29-2024 at 01:48.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Suzie
    Sorties Flown

�� - Flash - you do, thoroughly enjoying it too.

Welcome to the madness that is the forum, Sue, I'm glad you've managed to get along on Wednesday nights and are having fun with it.
    I'll be along again soon myself if I can get a lift in.

When you get a moment introduce yourself to the rest of the world in the Report for Duty Forum
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...eport-for-Duty
    Last edited by flash; 02-29-2024 at 01:55.

I should be along to this one.

Great. Added you to the list.

Look forward to meeting you, Mark
    Tony reckons he'll make it too, Gary

OK added him to the list. We are getting full.

Quote Originally Posted by Hu Rhu View Post
    OK added him to the list. We are getting full.
    He was sure he'd told you a while back !
    Will double check with Ajay in case he can, but I think it's unlikely this time; did message Rob but doesn't look like he's read this yet & didn't respond.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Suzie
    Sorties Flown

What date limit would you impose for 'an early ww1 dogfight...' - mine currently fall in to the mid/late range I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    What date limit would you impose for 'an early ww1 dogfight...' - mine currently fall in to the mid/late range I'd say.
    Worry not, Suzie, bit like the show & unlike Wednesday nights, the scenario author tends to supply all the kit required so there's less chance of mixing up manoeuvre decks and such in the clear down.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Suzie
    Sorties Flown

Okay, great thanks Flash that's good to know - (will still look at building my fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Okay, great thanks Flash that's good to know - (will still look at building my fleet
    I might be able to help you with that, Sue, depending what you're after - I probably have a few I could let go of !
    Alternatively, you could always have a punt on the lease lend raffle here - nice avatar by the way. Cheers Dave

We are currently at 14 with one confirmation still to come, which if all turn up on the day, will make it the largest turn out yet.

Scenarios are are all written but with the number of attendees coming I will need a little help to ensure we have all the right aircraft on the day. In particular I am looking for:

1 x Fe2b
    1 x Vickers FB5
    3 x DH2
    2 x Fokker E.III
    1 x Halberstadt D.III
    2 x SE5
    2 x Fokker D.VII
    1 x Italian Hanriot HD.1

I am sure I can get most of these from our regular wednesday night crowd but if any of you have any of these, especially the early stuff I'd be very grateful.

Cheers.

We've done 14 once before, but not matched it since, even though we had the subscribers. It was glorious chaos !
    I have all that you need bar the FB5, Gary, I'm sure we can cover this, I have other odd early types also: MS.T; MS.BB; Bristol Scouts.

Thanks Dave. I'll take you up on the offer. I will see if anyone else has a Vickers FB5 or another FE2b as I wanted to make the first game all pushers for the Entente.

We'll do some refinement on actual planes nearer the time as numbers will probably fluctuate between now and the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I hope to get along, too.

I'll be fresh back from Prague, so work are being a bit iffy - but I'm working on 'em!
    Okay........

Don't know whether the date ever moved, or whether I've just gone senile, but this meet is NOT subsequent to my Prague trip but occurs before it!

New negotiations required...

Thanks Dave. I'll take you up on the offer. I will see if anyone else has a Vickers FB5 or another FE2b as I wanted to make the first game all pushers for the Entente.

We'll do some refinement on actual planes nearer the time as numbers will probably fluctuate between now and the 7th.
    If I do get to attend, I can bring a box of assorted Early Planes which include a Gunbus, but I don't have any FE2s. and another with all the Late War planes you listed.

Okay........

Don't know whether the date ever moved, or whether I've just gone senile, but this meet is NOT subsequent to my Prague trip but occurs before it!

New negotiations required...
    Not senility at all Tim. Just work overload. I find that sort of thing occurs when I am stressed by being under pressure with too many calls on my time and not enough clones to get me out of trouble. No need to resort to the Frog pills.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks Dave. I'll take you up on the offer. I will see if anyone else has a Vickers FB5 or another FE2b...
    I have a brace of FEeBs, Gary.

We are currently at 14 with one confirmation still to come, which if all turn up on the day, will make it the largest turn out yet.

Scenarios are are all written but with the number of attendees coming I will need a little help to ensure we have all the right aircraft on the day. In particular I am looking for:

1 x Fe2b
    1 x Vickers FB5
    3 x DH2
    2 x Fokker E.III
    1 x Halberstadt D.III
    2 x SE5
    2 x Fokker D.VII
    1 x Italian Hanriot HD.1

I am sure I can get most of these from our regular wednesday night crowd but if any of you have any of these, especially the early stuff I'd be very grateful.

Cheers.
    I can bring a Vickers FB 5, I have 3.

Tim,

No problems just let me know if you can attend. Hope your negotiations go well. I think we have all the planes now but If you are coming I'll put you on standby for a couple of late war stuff.

Baz,

Yes please to the Gunbus - can you bring 2?.

Dave,

Yes please to the 2 x FE2b, the Halberstadt D.III and the 3 x DH.2

Andy and Iain have said they can provide the others.

...Dave, Yes please to the 2 x FE2b, the Halberstadt D.III and the 3 x DH.2. Andy and Iain have said they can provide the others.
    Roger that

Baz,

Yes please to the Gunbus - can you bring 2?.
    Yes that’s fine

With a week to go I thought I would confirm who is planning to attend. If you see your name below and it is not in the right column or you can no longer attend, please pm me right away. If everyone who has said they are coming turns up, we will have 15 pilots which is the maximum we can host.

Apologies to any others who might wish to attend. If you are interested in future events drop me or Dave (flash) a pm and we will arrange to invite you to subsequent Flight Club events.

Attendees:

Gary (Hu Rhu)
    Dave (flash)
    Rob(Rabscallion)
    Barrie (Baz)
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1)
    Hobz (Yellow Peril)
    Iain (Chianti Raider)
    Sean (Algonquin)
    Mark (Woof)
    Pete
    Stuart
    Chris
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    Tony (tonyc206)
    Sue (Suzie)

Not attending:
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Andy L (Ajay)
    Richard
    Justin (JuD)
    Andy T(Sauerkraut)

To those attending, I look forward to seeing you next Sunday 7th April. Take off is at 1000 am sharp, so please arrive about 15 mins before hand. That gives you enough time to grab a tea/coffee and meet the other pilots. If you are going to be late, please let me know asp.
    Last edited by Hu Rhu; 04-03-2024 at 02:16.

Really will have to try and get down for one of these events one of these days.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

You'd be most welcome Chris.

Sadly, I can't make this event - just too much going on right now.
    This'll be the first Flight Club I'll miss

Hopefully be free for the next one.

That's a shame, Tim, you will be missed - much like when you're here !
    See you next time.

Sorry to hear that Tim but hopefully we'll see you soon. Have a great time in Prague.

That's a real shame - see you next time Tim

The smoke and dust settles after Flight Club X, yet another splendid day of gaming at Entoyment.
    Only 11 made it through the flak of real life to join us but we made the most of it as usual. Thanks to all who could make it and support the event, especially those that came from distance.
    A huge thankyou to Gary (Hu Rhu) for organising it; to Mike (Mikeemagnus) for running a scenario & Andy (Scherlochnumber1) for his support with some models.
    Much banter and fun was had, good to meet Mark (Woof) for his first outing with us. I will post some pics when I get some time.

In no particular order here are the scores on the door !
    Gary (Hu Rhu): 0
    Dave (flash): 2 +1 o.g. (by collision)
    Barrie (Baz): 2
    Andy (Scherlochnumber1):1
    Hobz (Yellow Peril): 2
    Iain (Chianti Raider): 1
    Mark (Woof):0
    Pete (aka Assassin): 4
    Stuart: 5
    Mike (Mikeemagnus): 7 +1 o.g. (by collision)
    Tony (tonyc206): 1
    Jason (local player for 1 game): 1

Mike was top gun for the day, closely followed by Stu & Pete well done chaps.
    Last edited by flash; 04-09-2024 at 06:28.

Yes, a big thanks to everyone there who made the travelling so worthwhile. Entoyment is a great venue, in so many ways, and the day is non stop enjoyment ! A special thanks to Gary for organizing three games for us all. I especially enjoyed the random nature of game three which resulted in me crashing into one of your mountains. Makes a change from crashing into other aircraft, although I did manage one of those too. Sorry Hob

Thanks all for a great day. Especially to Gary for the organising.

Thanks all for a good day's flying, even if my shooting yielded no results!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Thanks all for a good day's flying, even if my shooting yielded no results!
    You were in good company, Mark, Good to see you there
    Looking back, I didn't score in the last two outings myself !

Default Here are the pics:

The gathering:
    Name:  SAM_5750.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  198.1 KB
    L-R: Tony (tonyc206); Mike (Mikeemagnus); Stuart; Gary (Hu Rhu), Barrie (Baz); Iain (Chianti Raider) hidden; Mark (Woof); Pete (aka Assassin); Andy B (Scherlochnumber1); Hobz (Yellow Peril) - Dave (flash) behind the lens

Game 1: Push Me, Pull You - a one hour dogfight with early war types.

Featuring: Vickers FB.5's, RAF FE2b's, Airco DH.2's vs Fokker Eindekker, Fokker D.II & Halberstadt D.III's.

We used our standard random placement to set up which spreads the chaos across the table !

A couple of turns in the Germans are finding the wider arcs of fire the British have could be a problem Mike's grey Fokker Eindekker trails smoke. Gary in his blue Fokker D.II has better buck setting Pete's FB.5 (w/green dot) on fire...
    Name:  SAM_5751.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  224.7 KB

Further down the table the others mill about, Andy's cammo Halberstadt D.III in left field has jammed as he slips behind Tony's FE2b, I also have a cammo Halberstadt D.III (yellow ring) using Mark's brown Halb to mask my approach on Hobz's FB.5, Stu's FB.5 (roundels) meantime is harassing Andy...
    Name:  SAM_5752.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  217.7 KB

Pete succumbs under the guns of Gary and Mike but Mike gets the kill shot
    Name:  SAM_5754.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  227.0 KB

Sadly the damage cards were tidied away before I got to them but - In the very same turn, further down the table, Tony bags Mark in a fly by
    Name:  SAM_5755.JPG
Size:  209.9 KB

And... Andy falls to Iain's DH2 !
    Name:  SAM_5756.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  217.9 KB

The fallen were allowed to respawn..

I jammed firing into Tony's FE2b but set off to follow him round.. Mike still trails smoke, Gary sets Stu smoking..
    Name:  SAM_5757.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  232.5 KB

A respawned Pete takes his revenge by downing Mike's Eindekker
    Hobz has picked up a pilot wound.
    Name:  SAM_5758.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  215.5 KB

My gun cleared, I take down Tony's Fe2b with a Boom card just before a respawned Mark closes in
    Andy has jammed shooting up a passing Hobz.
    Name:  SAM_5769.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  101.4 KB

A respawned, re-energised, Mike gets back in the fray. Just beyond him Andy gets some stick from Stu and Hobz as they fly alongside each other. Drat that arc of fire !
    Name:  SAM_5760.JPG
Size:  216.2 KB

Mike pounces and drops Hobz...
    Name:  SAM_5761.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  209.5 KB

The next turn he's chasing Stu, taking fire from Iain who promptly jams ! I do the same as I trade with a respawned Pete.
    Name:  SAM_5762.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  223.3 KB

Mike takes down Stu on the last card of the gam... For his third of the game
    Name:  SAM_5764.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  207.4 KB

The hour up we broke for a brew.. A narrow German win with 4 kills to the Britishers 3 !

Game 2: "There And Back Again" - A photo reconnaissance scenario with mid war planes

The British have to get photo's of targets in the middle of the table and get back to their own lines. They won't know what they've photo'd until the end of the game
    There are civilian and military structures and Mike determines from the numbers on the cards what has been found. If the Brits get a military pic home it's a minor victory, if it's two or more it's a major victory.

The Hun await:
    Name:  SAM_5765.JPG
Size:  206.7 KB
    L-R: Tony (Gruber); Andy (Fromherz), Dave (Brumowski); Hobz (Hautzmeyer); Pete (Voss) - partially obscured

The British line up, three Sopwith Pups escorting three Strutters.
    Name:  SAM_5766.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  207.2 KB
    Iain (Pup green dot); Mark (Pup Orange dot); Baz (Pup blue dot); Mike (Strutter two tone); Gary (Strutter #7 - played as tandem); tail end Charlie is Stu (Strutter RNAS);

As the protagonists close the tandem pilots get concerned as a couple of their escorts slide off to the left flank, but it seems they have may a plan !
    Name:  SAM_5768.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  238.6 KB

Baz jams and is set aflame as he closes with Tony, Stu and Andy trade shots too.
    Name:  SAM_5770.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  204.8 KB

I wounded Mike's gunner in our first pass - he takes avoiding action while he recovers, me and Hobz Immel and after an exchange with Iain pour fire into Mark's Pup...
    Name:  SAM_5771.JPG
Size:  220.3 KB

Tony and Gary swap lead at range as Tony doubles back, Andy avoids the collision and Stu closes on a photo op.
    Name:  SAM_5772.JPG
Size:  222.3 KB

Baz, in spite of the fire, chops down Tony Gary carries on his mission as he nears another target
    Name:  SAM_5773.JPG
Size:  213.7 KB

I'm next out, falling to Stu's gunner with the 3+1, having already collected a Boom (half damage).
    Name:  SAM_5774.JPG
Size:  193.6 KB

The wider shot reveals the extent of the positions and some of the damage taken !
    Name:  SAM_5775.JPG
Size:  228.2 KB

Mike, having obtained two images, is hacked down by Hobz as both Mark and Baz bundle past him
    Name:  SAM_5776.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  219.5 KB

Unfortunately sandwiched between Gary & Baz, Hobz is taken out, Baz sneaking the kill from under Gary's nose !
    Name:  SAM_5777.JPG
Size:  216.4 KB

The game was called shortly after this as Stu had made his escape with a couple of pics - one Military & one Civvy so a minor win for the Brits - I think ?
    Mike had the same on his plates, now resting in enemy territory !
    Our time up we broke for lunch.. In aerial victory terms a narrow British win with 4 kills to the Germans 3 !

Game 3: She'll be coming round the Mountain - A foray onto the Italian Front with a twist

The twist being mountain tops ! The effect of wind sheer roiling round the mountains can mess with your intended flight path, so, if you finish a turn you shuffle your deck and take a card at random - if this causes an illegal move you take the consequences as per the usual rules, if you collide with the mountain... you die !
    The opposing forces start on opposite sides of the mountain, with their base within one ruler, facing as they prefer..

Pre-game set up.. this is the view that greeted us.
    Name:  SAM_5778.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  209.9 KB

Sides decided our players take their seats - here are the Italians, not counting me as i'm behind the lens.
    Name:  SAM_5779.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  187.5 KB
    L-R: Gary; Jason (local player); Mark; Tony & Stuart who was sat next to me.

These are the Austro-Hungarians - an ugly mob !
    Name:  SAM_5780.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  175.8 KB
    L-R: Baz; Iain; Mike; Pete; Andy & Hobz

Turn 1 - Mike decided he needed to test the solidity of a mountain top...?
    It turns out it's solid and fatal - this is no way to treat a star strutter.. Thank goodness respawns are allowed !
    Name:  SAM_5781.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  169.2 KB

Iain falls foul of wind sheer and is drawn into the next peak
    Mountains 2 - Everyone else 0 !!
    Name:  SAM_5782.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  205.3 KB

We settled down to a shooting war, I traded lead with Baz in the Aviatik D.I and my Spad VII (green dot) eventually got away from him after an Immel, he then set Stu's HD.1 smoking and wounded the pilot. In the background Mike is back, chasing Tony's Spad VII (red dot).
    Name:  SAM_5783.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  173.5 KB

Along the table both sides have penetrated enemy air space.
    Name:  SAM_5784.JPG
Size:  194.9 KB

Iain's second attempt at penetrating a mountaintop doesn't end well !
    Mountains 3 - 0 at this point !!
    Name:  SAM_5785.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  173.7 KB

Hobz falls to the gun of Jason as his pilot is drilled a second time
    Name:  SAM_5786.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  174.0 KB

Mike nips into Italian airspace and does the same to Stu !
    Name:  SAM_5787.JPG
Size:  151.3 KB

A respawned Stu takes his own revenge on Mike
    Name:  SAM_5788.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  163.2 KB

Stu then chases down Iain's burning Aviatik and finishes him off on his side of the mountain as Mike's respawned star strutter appears round the peak.
    Name:  SAM_5789.JPG
Size:  162.9 KB

Pete takes down Mark's HD.1 to set the scores between the combatants at 2 - 3, but the Mountains are still ahead with 3 !
    Name:  SAM_5790.JPG
Size:  164.7 KB

Hobz gets his revenge by dropping Jason's SPAD VII in the last turn of the game tying the scores at 3 across the board.
    Name:  SAM_5792.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  181.7 KB

Low on gas and bullets the combatants retire for a well earned brew and discuss that blasted wind sheer. An interesting twist on the game from Gary.

Still more to come.. after lunch

Game 4: Hun in the Sun - 1 Hour dogfight with late war planes.

Featuring: Snipes, Dolphin, SE5, SE5a vs Fokker D.VII, Fokker D.V, Pfalz D.XII, Pfalz Dr.1

Another set up was used this time, determine who is to be bounced, they roll to see how many straights or sideslips they must play before they can react to the bouncers. Roll to determine where on the clock the bouncers arrive. I missed the set up pic but the Brits got bounced and if memory serves correctly I came on at 10 o'clock the rest of the Germans at 2 and 3 o'clock.

Mike managed to get on the tail of Gary's Dolphin and made short work of him even though Gary Immelled
    Gary instantly regretted making this a no respawn game !
    Name:  SAM_5793.JPG
Size:  209.6 KB

Whilst evading Mark's SE5a my Pfalz Dr.1 collided with Baz's SS D.III - or being wounded did he collide with me ?
    Anyway, it ended with disastrous results for Baz as I neatly removed his top plane with my undercart - own goal to me !
    Name:  SAM_5794.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  233.3 KB

Andy was pleased to finally get a kill as he overlapped Mike's Fokker when his SE5a took out Pete's smoking Pfalz D.XII at long range
    Name:  SAM_5795.JPG
Size:  185.2 KB

A quick positional shot to get an idea of the positions
    Name:  SAM_5796.JPG
Size:  209.6 KB

Mike takes Iain's stripey Snipe off my nose as it overlaps me - just as well as I had jammed !
    Name:  SAM_5797.JPG
Size:  214.6 KB

Another positional pic - Hobz's Fok E.V trys to occupy the same airspace as Mark's SE5a, Mikes Fok D.VII takes a beating from Andy's SE5a, I avoid Stu's SE5 as I'm still sorting my jam !
    Name:  SAM_5798.JPG
Size:  220.7 KB

Hobz's luck goes from bad to worse as He continues on into Mike's Fokker for another own goal to the Germans !
    Name:  SAM_5799.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  214.3 KB

Mark had also survived the bump but I put him down at range as I Immelled - taking another jam for my troubles was worth it !
    Name:  SAM_5800.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  201.3 KB

Mike then took down Stu's SE5 in the last turn of the game with a second pilot wound - dead eye D*ck - well at least I think that's what they said ?!
    Name:  SAM_5801.JPG
Size:  228.4 KB

I just overlapped Andy's SE5a due to his engine damage stall or I may have got him too but we both survived the hour for a change !
    Name:  SAM_5803.JPG
Size:  211.2 KB

Which is more than can be said for Mike who drew a final fire card as he made for base.. it was a 'fn' 5 apparently and enough to do him in !
    I think we gave Stu the credit for setting him on fire.
    Name:  SAM_5802.JPG
Size:  222.1 KB

A cracking dust up in the late war kit, one survivor a side though the Germans may have just edged it with the most damage remaining. Thoroughly entertaining though whatever the outcome.

And that was it - the last game of the day and with our Wings bloodlust satisfied we launched for home, until the next time.
    Last edited by flash; 04-09-2024 at 08:54.

Looks like you guys had a great day, sadly I couldn't make it this time. The 'She'll be coming round the mountain' looks like a Rocking scenario. Was there a cliffhanger of an ending? (I promise I'll stop now)

Great set of games and pics. Thanks Dave for posting

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Great set of games and pics. Thanks Dave for posting
    What he said!

Looks like I missed a good'un

I hope I'll be back for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
    ... Was there a cliffhanger of an ending? (I promise I'll stop now)
    Probably best !

... Looks like I missed a good'un ...
    You chaps were missed, hopefully you can make the next one, whenever that may be..

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Great set of games and pics...
    Thanks Craig, appreciate that.

Looks like a lot of fun

The Comin' Round the Mountain looks like a hoot (and both the mountain and mat look terrific - is that from tinywargames?)

Nice to see the Early Birds as well. Now that I have a bunch I need to get them to the table.

Thanks, Dave, for a great lot of pics. Missed you Tim, but then undoubtedly I wouldn't have had so many victories (more luck than judgement I'm sad to say, but fun just the same). What you did miss, Tim, was me flying into the side of a mountain. Beats going backwards any day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. National Flight Club 03/'23 at Entoyment, Poole
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-31-2023, 23:19
  2. National Flight Club 10/'22 at Entoyment, Poole
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-02-2022, 01:55
  3. National Flight Club 06/'22 at Entoyment, Poole