Ares Games

Thread: PERFECT AIM skill

Default PERFECT AIM skill

Perfect Aim: (basic rules) (RAP page 22)
    “When firing this ace may choose to have his opponent take one extra damage point when his attack inflicts damage. To remember the card causes extra damage keep it on the +1 damage space on the target airplane's console. A card inflicting zero damage is still considered a zero.
    You must decide to use this skill before your opponent draws the damage card. When you use this card take three recovery tokens.”

If the target take two damage cards (2 and 3 points, by example), according to the Perfect Aim rule, does the target gets one extra damage point (2+3+1= 6 points) ?
    or one extra damage point per damage card (2+1 + 3+1 = 7 points) ?

Thank you

Ooooh, tricky one!

The pure form of the English Wording says "one extra damage point when his attack inflicts damage" - the "attack", if considered as a whole event, would indicate just one extra damage point, even across two cards.
    But then, the subsequent wording clearly states that "To remember the card causes extra damage keep it on the +1 damage space" - if "the card" adds 1 point of damage, then two cards should add 1 point of damage each.

I would tend to say +1 for EACH card, so (2+1 + 3+1 = 7 points) in your example above.

For a definitive yes/no answer, perhaps Andrea might like to chime in?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It's "when his attack inflicts damage" so per card is implied. It could have been made clearer in the wording but it's the latter (2+1 + 3+1 = 7 points).

edit: ninja'd by Tim

Again, something lost in translation I expect, or, it was written from the perspective of a long range shot and not adjusted for close range.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

So not a Perfectly Clear Rule for Perfect Aim! I would have to agree with, 'It's "when his attack inflicts damage" so per card is implied'. This is the way I've always played it so it must be right!

I would agree with those going for the +1 damage per card drawn.
    What happens on the digital version, do we know?

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    I would agree with those going for the +1 damage per card drawn.
    What happens on the digital version, do we know?
    Have no idea if you get any +1s for Perfect Aim, Altitude advantage or consecutive shots. I don't recall ever being hit with a 6 poing card. (ie a +1 on a single 5 point damage)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chuck
    Sorties Flown

Default Which card are they referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Have no idea if you get any +1s for Perfect Aim, Altitude advantage or consecutive shots. I don't recall ever being hit with a 6 poing card. (ie a +1 on a single 5 point damage)
    When they say to put the card on the + 1 space on the console, I think they are referring to the ace skills card, not the damage card.

No, on the Nexus and Ares consoles there's a place for +1 damage cards.

Quote Originally Posted by cwebs19601 View Post
    When they say to put the card on the + 1 space on the console, I think they are referring to the ace skills card, not the damage card.
    Nope, it's the damage card.

The digital version asks you if you want to apply the skill at all, and then if you select yes, askes which card you want to apply it to, assuming multiple card draws. But plain English here does at least seem to imply +1 percard (assuming the multiple cards are all non-zero.)

Yeah, it would be much better to have this clarified in a game errata.

I can't find the "Designer's Notes" for this skill. I think I read it somewhere, but my GoogleFoo is not working.

In this thread, we discussed combining skills in one shot, but only Sniper is broken down, and we missed clarifying Perfect Aim:
    Wings of Prague 2019 - Game Scenario Overviews - Post #32
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chuck
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I can't find the "Designer's Notes" for this skill. I think I read it somewhere, but my GoogleFoo is not working.

In this thread, we discussed combining skills in one shot, but only Sniper is broken down, and we missed clarifying Perfect Aim:
    Wings of Prague 2019 - Game Scenario Overviews - Post #32
    Hey guys. Truthfully if you go back and read the entire rule it is actually pretty clear it applies to one card, not multiple. I don't know why people say that attack implies multiple cards. It actually argues the reverse. Also, the rule says card, not card(s). People get jaded comparing it to the aim bonus which specifies per card. If the aim bonus rule was removed, because they really have nothing to do with each other (other than they can't be used cumulatively), would you read perfect aim the same way? The other thing based on a recent previous post is that the online game asks you to pick which card it applies to if there is more than one damage card. Between that and rereading the rule without the aim bonus rule in your head should put this to rest.

When I read the entire rule it's pretty clear it applies to multiple cards, not one. I don't know why people say that attack implies a single card. In Wings of Glory an attack can be long range (1 damage card taken) or short range (2 damage cards taken).
    The Perfect Aim rule says "to remember that *THE CARD* (emphasis mine) causes extra damage, keep it on the '+1 damage' space on the target airplane console."

Agreed that the optional Aim bonus rule has nothing to do with Perfect Aim, just as conflating the two should not bolster an argument for what defines "attack." I also hope, but don't assume, that Dire Wolf implemented every rule correctly in the online game.

I'd be curious to hear from Andrea about what interpretation was intended.

I would read that as 1 point for the attack. There's nothing that suggests is is 1 point per card, it's clearly 1 point per attack, which can be multiple cards.

Anyway, I have referred the question to Andrea

Thanks, DM, it will be interesting to hear Andrea's actual intention with this rule; something new to add to the rules sticky !
    Regardless, I think I'll still continue to apply +1 to both cards if there are two as it's simpler to remember and manage overall.

I believe he is looking at it now

‘AIM’ optional rule explanation
    The aim rule can be found in most if not all rule sets. This version is taken from the wings of war deluxe set and can be found here:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgame...inis_rules.pdf

On Page 7: “AIM -When a plane fires at the same enemy plane for multiple phases in a row, it can fire with more accuracy. From the second phase of consecutive fire, even from one turn to the next, ALL the damage cards causing damage score one additional damage point*. However, zeroes are still considered zeroes. To remember which cards cause extra damage, keep the +1 damage cards in the proper space on the airplane game board.”
    Compare the above with the included picture of the rule from the most current WWI version which adds “even if the airplane is firing at the target for three or more phases, the target only takes one additional damage point PER CARD”*

‘Perfect aim’ pilot skill explanation
    The earliest documentation of the ‘perfect aim’ rule I have found comes from paper about optional rules written Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia dated 04/09/2004 entitled ”Wings of War - Optional Ace Rules” and can be found here on the aerodrome forums Uploaded by Smokeme on 10-16-2009.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...do=file&id=218

Under the “Pilots or observer individual abilities:” section the paper it states: “Perfect aim: once per turn, the pilot can decide to use the +1 Aim* bonus even if he did not shoot to the same plane in the previous phase. Once this ability is used, it can not be re-used for the rest of the turn.” i.e. a turn in the WW1 version of the game is the 3 card maneuver sequence. Note the subtle tie into the ‘aim’ rule

The first official printing of the ‘perfect aim’ skill rule I can find is from the ‘Wings of War: The Dawn of World War II’ rule book first printed in 2007 and can be found here:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgame...ook-en-web.pdf

On page 15 under ‘COMBAT ABILITIES’ it states: “Perfect Aim: When firing, this pilot may choose to have his opponent take an additional A token of damage (as per the Aim optional rule*), even if he did not shoot to the same plane in the previous phase. You must decide to use this ability before your opponent draws damage counters. This ability has no effect if you are using the Aim optional rule and the ace did shoot the same plane in the previous phase. When you use this ability, take three Recovery counters” meaning the ‘perfect aim’ rule has no effect if you’re already using the ‘aim’ rule on the target, in other words ‘aim’ and ‘perfect aim’ do not stack.
    This rule further clarifies that the ‘perfect aim’ pilot skill is directly tied to the ‘aim’ optional rule and reiterates when the ‘perfect aim’ skill is used, the effects of the ‘aim’ rule are applied during the first firing sequence.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20231029_101746244~2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	332429

Current rule sets
    The most complete version of the current WWII rule set can be found here.

https://www.aresgames.eu/download/25835/

(Rules discussed in this post are found on pages 20 & 23)
    As you can see in the WW2 rules, the game mechanic for the ‘aim’ rule and the ‘perfect aim’ pilot skill are identical, the only difference between them being after announcing you’re using the ‘perfect aim’ skill the effects of the ‘aim’ rule are applied immediately (in the FIRST firing iteration) notice the two rules don’t stack together. You then take 3 recovery counters as a cool down period before you are able to use the skill again. On the second firing iteration discard 1 recovery counter and you may continue to apply the ‘aim’ rule as written.

Name:	IMG_20231029_101915169.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	332430

The most complete version of the current WWI rule set is not available for PDF download however I have included photograph from my hard copy of the rules, and as you can see, they are nearly identical in execution to the WWII version, just written to fit the WWI rule set. When an attack inflicts damage, it is +1. In other words if I draw 2 cards at close range. Card one is a 1, it inflicted damage, it gets placed in the +1 damage place holder. Card two is a 3, it inflicted damage, it also gets placed in the +1 damage place holder.

Name:	IMG_20231029_101653505_HDR.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	332432

For those who say that applying damage is a similar game mechanic to the ‘sniper rule’ in that you select one of the two cards to apply the rule to, I ask why does the ‘perfect aim’ rule not deliberately spell it out like it does for the ‘sniper’ rule? ANSWER: Because you use the mechanic spelled out in the related ‘aim’ rule that states. “ALL the damage cards causing damage score one additional damage point*” and “even if the airplane is firing at the target for three or more phases, the target only takes one additional damage point PER CARD”*
    Due to the alleged ambiguous writing of the rule in the WWI version (seems perfectly clear to me) I believe it is safe to assume the designers intend the same logic in the WWII rule set be applied to the WWI rules.
    Conclusion
    The effect of ‘perfect aim’ skill simply nullifies the “From the second phase of consecutive fire” requirement of the ‘aim’ rule thus implementing the effect of the ‘aim’ rule to the first phase of fire. In other words, a pilot with the ‘perfect aim’ skill is able to apply the optional rule ‘aim’ to shoot at an opponent’s plane without being required to have shot at that same plane in the same firing arc during the previous firing sequence. And as stated in the WWI ‘aim’ rule “ALL the damage cards causing damage score one additional damage point*” i.e. If the attack results in the player drawing 2 damage cards both of the cards are then placed into the +1 damage section of the players plane tracking board.

Anyone still in the camp of ‘its +1 damage regardless of amount of cards drawn’ I challenge you to find me any rule shared between the WWI and WWII rule sets that delineate outside the obvious natural game mechanics as bad as this one allegedly does.

*Own emphasis added.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chuck
    Sorties Flown

Based on comments back and forth, I have actually modified my logic a bit. Just so you know, it's still plus 1 total and not plus 1 per damage card. I had suggested using mechanics similar to sniper (based on the statement about card (singular) and probably me overthinking it. As a little background, it does appear that this rule has changed over time. You mention 2004, someone else sent me optional rules from 2009 which basically said you get to use the aim bonus without having to do consecutive shots and it could be used once per turn. I'm guessing that iteration didn't make the 2012 rulebook as it is a very powerful skill. So let's stick with the 2012 rulebook. Now granted, there could be a typo, and card should have said card(s) but unless we get clarification let's go with it as written. There is also some some confusion about the definition of the term "attack". Depending on how you define this, you can argue either way at least to a point. The other thing I'd say is that the aim bonus rule is not really related. That is, the aim bonus language could be removed from the rules and Perfect aim would stand alone. I think people are tending to ascribe the attributes of the aim bonus to perfect aim, somewhat similar to myself using the mechanics of sniper for perfect aim. I suggest you remove all thoughts of how the aim bonus works. Pretend its not in the rules and reread perfect aim. That is there is no preconception of a plus 1 per card.

Here's my current and hopefully final logic. (No promises, as this rule seems to be more complicated than the wording of some clauses in the U.S. Constitution.) And again, at the end of the day you can make your house rule whatever you want.

First, I want to say that I don't agree with your statement, " Anyone still in the camp of ‘its +1 damage regardless of amount of cards drawn’ I challenge you to find me any rule shared between the WWI and WWII rule sets that delineate outside the obvious natural game mechanics as bad as this one allegedly does." I think the reason it is written differently is because the intent is different.

Anyway. And again let's go through this without any other rule bias in our mind.
    The rule states:

Perfect aim: When firing, this ace may choose to have his opponent take one additional damage point when the attack inflicts damage. To remember that the that the card causes extra damage causes extra damage, keep it on the + 1 damage space on the target airplane console. A card inflicting zero damage is still zero.

Let's break that down. It clearly says the card (singular) not plural. If it was for each card, it would have said that in a manner similar to the wording in the aim bonus which very clearly specifies for each card. Now the other part that is atypical is the use of the word attack as in when "his attack inflicts damage". So I guess it depends on how you choose to define attack. It sounds like you are considering 2 damage cards (close range shot) as two attacks. I would consider all the damage from one shot, 1 card if long range - 2 cards if short range as the attack. so, for these examples, the damage is 0,0 or say 0,1 or 1,1. For 0,0 the perfect aim bonus would be N/A as per the rule. For the 0,1 it is also straightforward. + 1 bonus for perfect aim. Where the problem arises is for the 3rd example, 1,1. My take is that the "attack" refers as to whether the attack caused damage and not that each card is a discreet attack. Its one attack and the 2 cards represent the fact that closer range can cause more damage. It's only one weapon attacking after all. Just a matter of range. I think this is a reasonable definition of "attack inflicts damage". If you want to define attack as per card, then yes, by all means do plus 1 per damage card, but I don't think that was the intention. If it was, it would have been far easier to just say this ace skill allows the shooter to use the aiming bonus even if he hasn't fired consecutive shots. Give some thought as to why it wasn't done that way. Closing thought and I will be honest that I haven't seen this for myself, but based on someone's post on here the digital game applies it as a + 1 total, not a plus 1 per card. That would be the most current review of the rules and if it was set up that way, it negates the possibility of a typo or ambiguity on the definition of attack.
    Last edited by cwebs19601; 10-29-2023 at 18:47.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chuck
    Sorties Flown

One other thing I forgot to mention. The WW 2 version is much clearer. regardless of the damage, perfect aim is one additional A damage token. SO if we use a P 47 for example. If I remember correctly the damage is B-B-B-B at close range and B-B at long range. Let's say for sake of argument that all the shots were non zero. For the close range shot (B-B-B-B), would you add 1 A token or 4 A tokens? And for the short range shot 1 A token or 2 A tokens? If the former, I think you should see the similarities to the 2 cards in WW1. If the latter, then I give up.

Thanks for your input chaps, hopefully Andrea will be along to put this to bed before too long.

One other thing I forgot to mention. The WW 2 version is much clearer. regardless of the damage, perfect aim is one additional A damage token. SO if we use a P 47 for example. If I remember correctly the damage is B-B-B-B at close range and B-B at long range. Let's say for sake of argument that all the shots were non zero. For the close range shot (B-B-B-B), would you add 1 A token or 4 A tokens? And for the short range shot 1 A token or 2 A tokens? If the former, I think you should see the similarities to the 2 cards in WW1. If the latter, then I give up.
    You really can't compare WWI and WW2. Getting only 1 extra A chit in WW2 isn't 1 point of damage. It could be a Boom!

I just assume they meant if "the attack" causes damage, any card (singular) with damage gets a +1

I really can't see them having you choose blindly for close range and (with my luck anyway) losing out if you chose a zero card.

You really can't compare WWI and WW2. Getting only 1 extra A chit in WW2 isn't 1 point of damage. It could be a Boom!
    Right! The range of extra damage for 'perfect aim' in WW1 is 0-2. In WW2 it's 0-4 with a chance of a boom.
    Last edited by Brutal2One; 10-30-2023 at 09:29.

You would add 1 token like the rules state. In WW1 the difference between the A and B decks is to simulate the difference between 1 or 2 mounted guns to bear. Close range targets are easier to hit at thus more damage is likely to occure. In WW2 totality of the attack gets a bonus A chit. In WW1 the totality of the attack gets placed in the +1 damage tracker slot.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chuck
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal2One View Post
    Right! The range of extra damage for 'perfect aim' in WW1 is 0-2. In WW2 it's 0-4 with a chance of a boom.
    If I understand that correctly, you pull an additional A token for each hit. Personally I think that's overkill (literally). At the end of the day, people can play however they choose. It would be nice to have an official ruling from Andrea but then again I think people will continue to interpret the rule as they do now. Not going to make any more arguments for one way vs. the other, but will leave you with some food for thought.

For WW 1: If the Perfect Aim rule's intention was to simply say that this skill allows the ace to to use the aim bonus rule with out consecutive shots, then why change the language so significantly? Could just say that or use the same type language as was done for Height advantage.

For WW 2, My guess is you use the 0 - 4 extra damage not only for perfect aim, but also for the aim bonus rule. The Aim bonus rule states an additional A counter per weapon. So then what is a weapon. The P 47 has 8 Brownings. Do each 2 constitute a weapon?

If I understand that correctly, you pull an additional A token for each hit. Personally I think that's overkill (literally). At the end of the day, people can play however they choose. It would be nice to have an official ruling from Andrea but then again I think people will continue to interpret the rule as they do now. Not going to make any more arguments for one way vs. the other, but will leave you with some food for thought.

For WW 1: If the Perfect Aim rule's intention was to simply say that this skill allows the ace to to use the aim bonus rule with out consecutive shots, then why change the language so significantly? Could just say that or use the same type language as was done for Height advantage.

For WW 2, My guess is you use the 0 - 4 extra damage not only for perfect aim, but also for the aim bonus rule. The Aim bonus rule states an additional A counter per weapon. So then what is a weapon. The P 47 has 8 Brownings. Do each 2 constitute a weapon?

No you're not understanding what I said correct

The A damage tokens in WWII range from 0 damage up to 4 meaning if I draw a token it will only have a 0,1,2,3,4 or explode displayed. (discounting special damage of course)

The range of damage for WWI. If you draw two 0's= no extra damage , if you draw a 0 and any other number= +1 damage. If you draw two cards that are anything other than a 0 =+2 damage

The most you will ever get in WWI is +2, In WWII you could potentially explode.

I'm trying illustrate that not only the execution of mechanics between 'aim' and 'perfect aim' identical for both WWI and WWII (the only difference being when you apply them, i.e. first firing vs second+ firing phase), The WWII mechanic is more brutal in that the potential for more damage is much higher and you take into account any special damage on top of that. If the extra A damage you draw is a fire, Congratulations! You're now on fire too.
    Last edited by Brutal2One; 10-30-2023 at 12:58.

You got it right Robert. WW2 perfect aim - altitude advantage - consecutive fire can be brutal.

My first game ever at Origins 2016 I was flying a Wildcat vs Zeros. I had a shot with altitude advantage. My opponent flipped the B chit and laughed and made a fuss about it being a zero damage. I don't have to tell you what the A chit was when he flipped it!
    Boom!

Absolutely Peter, I love the cutthroat nature of WWII.
    Honesty the only reason I keep my WWI kit is because its so much easier to teach to someone, I feel WWI rules are elementary compared to WWII rules.

You got it right Robert. WW2 perfect aim - altitude advantage - consecutive fire can be brutal.

My first game ever at Origins 2016 I was flying a Wildcat vs Zeros. I had a shot with altitude advantage. My opponent flipped the B chit and laughed and made a fuss about it being a zero damage. I don't have to tell you what the A chit was when he flipped it!
    Boom!
    FYI: If you check the WGS rules, it specifically says that the 'Aim' optional rule (consecutive phases of fire) and the 'Perfect Aim' Ace Skill do not combine (are not cumulative).

This is also the intent in WGF. On the airplane consoles, you place damage cards in either the 'Damage' location, or the 'Damage+1' location, depending on whether you are using optional rules or not. There is no slot for 'Damage+2' (adding Aim and Perfect Aim together is not allowed). There may be an FAQ or Designer's Notes some place, but I recall this discussion from someplace, and Andrea never intended some extra damages to be cumulative.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

FYI: If you check the WGS rules, it specifically says that the 'Aim' optional rule (consecutive phases of fire) and the 'Perfect Aim' Ace Skill do not combine (are not cumulative).
    Yes I know, I mentioned this already in my long entry post above.

There is no slot for 'Damage+2
    I never said there was, I said "The most you will ever get in WWI is +2" which was a clarifying statement for the paragraph above which says "The range of damage for WWI. If you draw two 0's= no extra damage , if you draw a 0 and any other number= +1 damage. If you draw two cards that are anything other than a 0 =+2 damage". The +2 damage comes from 2 singular cards with any damage value greater than 0 being drawn from a close range attack which are then both placed into the +1 damage placeholder.

FYI: If you check the WGS rules, it specifically says that the 'Aim' optional rule (consecutive phases of fire) and the 'Perfect Aim' Ace Skill do not combine (are not cumulative)..
    I believe you've misunderstood what Peter was saying here, Mike. He was pointing out that the three individual elements in WW2 of: perfect aim - altitude advantage - consecutive fire - can be brutal; giving an example of when he first used the altitude advantage bonus that gave him a victory.

This is also the intent in WGF. On the airplane consoles, you place damage cards in either the 'Damage' location, or the 'Damage+1' location, depending on whether you are using optional rules or not. There is no slot for 'Damage+2' (adding Aim and Perfect Aim together is not allowed). There may be an FAQ or Designer's Notes some place, but I recall this discussion from someplace, and Andrea never intended some extra damages to be cumulative.
    My post was concerning WW2. The extra A chit added can kill you instead of just adding 1 point. I know there is only one additional chit in WW2.

In WW1 only a +1 max can be added. (per card?) Perfect aim, altitude advantage and consecutive fire cannot be combined. You get one +1 and thats it.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chuck
    Sorties Flown

It seems that there are strong opinions on both sides.

What I'd like to try to do is recap the possibilities without pushing either side. Then, if Andrea wants to chime in, at least the questions will be clear. Also as the back forth has gone on, it wandered a bit far afield. I do not believe anyone was pushing to have the various bonuses (Consecutive shot, Height advantage, Perfect Aim skill) as being additive. The rules seems pretty clear that this is not the case.

For World War One:

The Aim skill is pretty straightforward. The consecutive bonus kicks in on the second phase where yo shot at the same plane in the same arc. All non zero damage cards drawn receive a plus 1 damage. If a zero is drawn, no bonus is awarded.
    0,0 results in no damage. 1,0 results in 1+1,0. 1,1 results in 1+1, 1+1. For long range shots the logic is the same with the single damage card.

Height advantage: If you shoot at a plane from above, even if it is one time, the + 1 bonus goes into effective. Presumably this is the same bonus as shown above.
    0,0 results in no damage. 1,0 results in 1+1,0. 1,1 results in 1+1, 1+1. For long range shots the logic is the same with the single damage card.
    For clarity, confirm that the + 1 in the Height advantage rules applies to both cards in a short range attack as opposed to just a + 1. That is 1+1, 1+1 or 1,1 + 1.

Perfect aim ace skill. As the wording of this rule is different than the language used for the other bonuses above, what is the intention? Is it per non zero card? That is 1+1, 1+1 = 4. Or is it simply a +1 if damaged is scored. That is if someone draws 1,1 damage cards the bonus 1,1 + 1 = 3. There are various interpretations of the definition of the word attack in the rules.

For World War Two:
    The Aim bonus adds an A damage counter on the second shot. (Consecutive shots). This is different that WW 1 in that the A counter is awarded even if the damage drawn is all zeros. Using a P 47 at short range as an example (Inflicts B-B-B-B). Even is all 4 B tokens were zero, the A damage counter would still be awarded. Please confirm this is the case or not.

The other part of this that seems to differ amongst people is whether (Again using the close range P 47 example) the bonus would be a single A damage counter or four A damage counters.

Height advantage: This is pretty straightforward as it directly refers to the Aim bonus. The only question again would be a single A damage counters or four A damage counters using the previous example.

Perfect Aim: Same question as to a single A damage counter or 4 damage counters.

Andrea has let me know he's seen this now, so hopefully he'll be able to resolve the query soon.

Good day and sorry for all the confusion. Besides, for being so late answering.
    For "take one additional damage point when his attack infliicts damage" in the explanation of the Perfect Aim skill I mean once per attack. At long range, put the card in the +1 damage space of the consolle. At short range, put there a card with positive damage (of course, if both are 0s put there a 0).
    This was also asked by the app developers and explained to them, so the app actually works on a single +1 per attack on one of the two cards.
    In WW2, take just one A counter - no matter which kind of damage the attacking plane inflicts at that range.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    For "take one additional damage point when his attack infliicts damage" in the explanation of the Perfect Aim skill I mean once per attack. At long range, put the card in the +1 damage space of the consolle. At short range, put there a card with positive damage (of course, if both are 0s put there a 0).
    This was also asked by the app developers and explained to them, so the app actually works on a single +1 per attack on one of the two cards.
    In WW2, take just one A counter - no matter which kind of damage the attacking plane inflicts at that range.
    Thank you for making this explicit-there are a number of us who have applied the rule differently, but we should be able to make the changes to our applications.

Thanks Andrea, we live and learn !

Rules sticky updated
    Last edited by flash; 11-28-2023 at 07:32.

Thanks for the clarification. Future play will follow this from now on.

Similar Missions

1. I think I have found the perfect GIN....
    By Hedeby in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2017, 01:18
  2. The Perfect Gaming Mat
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 07:18
  3. The perfect meal?
    By Walter Nowotny in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 05:35
  4. Perfect card protectors