Knights of the Air World Wide campaign.

It will use my Knights of the Air campaign rules of course. Each gaming group that wants to play in the campaign will have to pick/assign one player as the Wing Commander. The WC will be the person in charge of running the campaign for his/her local group. They are also the person that will be reporting statistics and results to me. Each group will play the same missions as determined by the out come of all campaign games.

Each player will be responsible for inputting their stats into the Pilot log that will be found on this site. Here is what a brand new Pilot Log is going to look like…

This is what it will look like as you make entries into it…

This log will make it very easy for pilots to keep track of their stats and progress. It will also take car of all the math and stuff for them for accuracy. Each time a pilot enters stats into the log, they will be sent to their Wing Commander.

The Wing Commander will be responsible for verifying that the stats are correct. The WC will then enter in all verified stats into the Wing Commander Log. Here is what a fresh WCL will look like…

And after some entries…

How the results from the WCL are handles is still being worked out. They will either come to me for input into a final Log that outputs a table showing everyone’s standings. Or, they will automatically go into a Log that does the output.

So basically what will happen is we will have multiple gaming groups all playing the same missions by the same rules and the results of each group will factor in to the overall progression of the campaign.

For story line / Fluff sake

I envision groups in close geographical location will be assigned to a sector of the Front and broken down into squadrons and Jastas. Hopefully these groups will come up with unit insignias that I can use here on the forums (like the background images behind my user info when I post ß----) and on the campaign pages. In this way, we will be able to kind of re-play the entire air war of WWI

Foreseen Issues

Right now, the biggest issue I see a project like this having is just the logistics of getting all the groups to play the campaign and missions at the same time. My local group plays once a week, but I know others play only once every two weeks. I think we will have to allow two weeks time period for each mission to be played. This will make the campaign last longer, but should allow all groups to join in. The next biggest issue I see is getting everyone to enter their stats in a timely manner. This will be critical in keeping the campaign rolling along smoothly.

As always, I’m open to thoughts and opinions on how to make this come together nicely.