Ares Games

Thread: Halberstadt CL-II

Default Halberstadt CL-II

I have never been happy that the only two seaters available to the Germans was the Roland or a pressganged Ufag.

OK, the Rumpler is coming but that may still be some time away. I have therefore ordered up a couple of CL-II's from Reverisco. Anyone able to direct me to which manouvre deck should be used and some base stats for this plane?

Well I managed to get some info from the Yahoo group, the CL-II is J, B/B or A/B with a damage of 15. This means this little beauty can Immelman with a gun to front and rear!

I bought two Revirisco kits and was a bit daunted when they arrived. To my delight the transfers went on beautifully and the main parts all went well. You have to make your own main struts and plastic is recommended, I used brass wire and the plane is fairly sturdy. My only real problem was with the undercarriage which was a real nuisance to get right.

I would certainly recommend this kit if you would like to add a real decent German two-seater to your collection while waiting for the Rumpler.

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

I just used the K deck, it fits the speed range of the plane. But with the two seater immelman rule for the Bristol Fighter you could use a J deck.

I will stick with the J deck as I have now printed two out. I have also decided just to take out the Immelman card. I do not use altitude so am happy with keeping it simple.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Well, if you treat the Immelman as more of a hammerhead stall, instead of an actual half loop, you could keep it in the deck. I haven't seen anything specific that the Halby could do loops, but there are quotes that it could perform like a fighter. Take that for what it's worth!

Wink

The WWI Immelman does not of course involve a loop of any kind. As you say this particular aircraft does get a lot of good press, so perhaps I will allow it to Immelman.

I don't obviously know anything about flying these planes, or any others for that matters so generally tend to go with the flow on these things. Mind you as I have already made the J decks for these two aircraft it might take me a wee while to get around to adding two more cards

Default Halberstadt CLII manouvreability

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    The WWI Immelman does not of course involve a loop of any kind. As you say this particular aircraft does get a lot of good press, so perhaps I will allow it to Immelman.

I don't obviously know anything about flying these planes, or any others for that matters so generally tend to go with the flow on these things. Mind you as I have already made the J decks for these two aircraft it might take me a wee while to get around to adding two more cards
    I have read an account where a Halberstadt CLII did a split S to escape a flight of SPAD XIII's. The German aircrew loved them as they were far more manouvreable than earlier 2 seater types. Our group plays with the Immelmann card in the J deck, but as per Andrea's rule, the observer cannot fire his rear gun during the Immelmann of the card after - he's too busy hanging on for grim death!

Cheers,

Carl.