Ares Games

Thread: Shoreham Airshow Glider Crash

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

Default Shoreham Airshow Glider Crash

Hi all,

I was filming at Shoreham Airshow a few weeks ago when a glider crashed. I caught the unfortunate event on camcorder and posted it on YouTube under my pseudonym of 'mrkennedyuk'. Unbelievably it's had over 40,000 views so far. Not bad for my first upload. You can view it here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxbulrrQVig

Regards

Gauntlet (Chris)

Before I look at it, can you tell me if anyone was hurt? I don't want to see someone get injured or worse.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

The pilot was injured but my film is only of the actual manoeuvres in the air and in the distance. Nothing graphic and no footage of the actual impact.

Good footage Chris - If you haven't already you should let AAIB know you have it as it may help with their investigation of the incident.

The UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) is part of the Department for Transport and is responsible for the investigation of civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents within the UK. General Enquiries:01252 510300

Nice shots of H900 prepping to take off and assist too.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Dave. Yes I did forward a copy for the AAIB. The total footage I shot included the aircraft and glider taxiing before taking off and a few stunts in the air on tow before the actual sequence I placed on YouTube. H900 caught me out a bit as I was expecting it to take off straight away but it stayed put and only overflew the scene a bit later on. Nearly 66,000 views now. Incredible what the word 'crash' can do isn't it!

Well done that man - many don't bother & every little bit helps !
    You're right of course - everyone wants to look at a crash - it's a very human & morbid fascination.

Similar Missions

1. Photos from the Chino Airshow (not mine)
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 13:17