Ares Games
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wings of War series 5 miniatures

oh dear need more overtime, want want when when, I just got a couple of Skytrex eindekkers too, but will still have these.
    Any news of the big bombers in mini?

Yea! EIII's!

Going on release rates so far I wouldn't expect to see these before Sept 2011. This is the only problem with WoW. The mini's are so slow to be released and they don't produce enough so stocks don't last and we have to wait months for reprints.

That's why I'll be getting in as soon as they are released for 6 of each (except the Morane)

Default Looks very cool!

I agree with the earlier post this will allow for a campaign that can go from early to late.

Everything looks good but if they DON'T have a E.III flown by Oswald Boelke I'll be VERY disappointed.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Well the list's further up this thread, and the E.IIIs are Immelman, Buddecke and Hautzmayer, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Well the list's further up this thread, and the E.IIIs are Immelman, Buddecke and Hautzmayer, so....
    so ...... it's buy an extra one and do a repaint!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Actually, now that I think about it I'm not sure I've ever seen photos of a Boelcke E.III, so do we know what it looked like? (His two-gun E.IV was certainly photographed, and I think his first E.I was, but I'm not at all sure if he flew an actual E.III, or whether it's appearance is known if so.) So if anybody has pictures, please share....

[Edit] On reflection it's pretty much impossible to tell an E.II from an E.III at this scale, so doing a repaint as E.II 37/15 which was Boelcke's before he left FA62 and Immelman "inherited" it would be easy enough, but truth be told it's an utterly boring looking machine, with standard crosses on white squares and no personal markings whatsoever, so not exactly exciting to look at....
    Last edited by Dom S; 10-30-2010 at 09:49.

Exclamation

I want all 3 of the DH2's and Focker Eideckers. Just to keep my collection up I will get 1 of each of the other. So Nexus I have the money now give me the planes (frustrated bit tired of wating)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Steady on old chap - we've only just had Series 4....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Steady on old chap - we've only just had Series 4....
    You know what it is like Dom. Now they have tasted blood.........
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yes and one release a year with stock that runs out in a few days/weeks with no re-print dates in sight leaves one a little frustrated.

Wouldn't be so bad if they released 12 different plane types each time, and had loads of stock available. Unpainted with separtate decals sets too. Oh joy, the mere thought of it makes me............aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Yes and one release a year with stock that runs out in a few days/weeks with no re-print dates in sight leaves one a little frustrated.

Wouldn't be so bad if they released 12 different plane types each time, and had loads of stock available. Unpainted with separtate decals sets too. Oh joy, the mere thought of it makes me............aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Obviously hallucinating. Too many sorties at high altitude. Take some blighty leave!!

Come on Tony snap out of it !!

Just updated the first post with some photos that Andrea linked us to.

As I said in another post, send them NOW. I'll paint my own.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As I said in another post, send them NOW. I'll paint my own.
    Rob.
    Me too! Hurry up y'buggers!

Some early planes at last!
    Hope they don't take toooo long to reach the shops
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Come on Tony snap out of it !!
    Sorry it the tablets........

I will be buy at least 3 of the DH2's and 3 Focker Endeckers. What with the WW1 bomber it will be a costly year. Dog and Cat will have to go on 1/2 rations come to think of it so will I.

My goodness these look so beautiful. I am really ready to do a chronological campaign for WoW starting with these planes. We would eventually be missing Albatros D.II's on the Central Powers side and SPAD VII's on the Allies side. N.16's are done and we have cards for N.11's. Although I dislike Skytrex models a lot their N.11 is pretty good, and I have one built. What else for 1915 and 1916.
    ~Tim

Is there any update on when the Series 5 miniatures are due for release. I have only just seen and bought the Series 4 aircraft.

thanks

Adie

Message deleted - due to having posted duplicated previous post.
    Last edited by Shiraz68; 11-16-2010 at 03:45. Reason: Duplicate post!

Oh fantastic...the Airco and EIII are the planes I wanted the most...just spent an hour looking at the Skytex planes...but the thought of building and painting put me off....then by chance I came to this thread to see some pics of the mini's due out...and here they are...

The Immelmann add on is the first thing I will buy after the deluxe turns up.

They're actually two of their better kits. I've got a few of their DH2s sitting in front of me, waiting for a lick of paint (got a bit sidetracked with other projects). I thought they might have been a bit fragile just looking at them but they're pretty sturdy and fairly easy to put together. I think the Eindecker only needs its undercarriage and prop attached.

Default from pa

got to get tham!!!!!!!!!nice!!!!!!!

Did the Austrian have Halberstadt fighters? The D.III was so rare.

I have no clue how I missed the pictures... Hopefully they will be released in the U.S. before the Major cons... can hardly wait!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Users Country Flag

Name
    Carl
    Sorties Flown

I would offer a big time yes to EIII and DH2. Early war seems to have been ignored so far, give us 1914-1915 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Did the Austrian have Halberstadt fighters? The D.III was so rare.
    According to the listing in Hostile Aircraft (Goblintooth Games) (the only source I can get my hands on right now), the answer is no. They used Fokker Es, Albatros D2 and D3 (the latter, IMS, was made locally with licence) and their indigenous aircraft, Hansa-Brandenburg, Aviatik and Phonix.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Got tired of waiting so I've just ordered a couple of Eindekers and DH2's from Skytrex.
    Will still buy the WOW ones when they come out though.
    Don
    Last edited by Burt; 12-26-2010 at 05:24. Reason: Spelling

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default WWI: Wings of War series 5 miniatures

I jumped the gun about a year ago and picked up some Eindeckers and DH2s. My first EIII was from Reviresco. Nice kit, but the landing gear was a bit weak. The Skytrex EIII and DH2 were nice and sturdy (Reviresco didn't have a DH2 then). One neat part about Reviresco's EIII was the cable holes in the wings. I decided to give it a shot, put together some cable supports out of brass wire, and strung them up. The result was not too bad. I plan to do the same to the Skytrex kit as time permits, will have to drill holes and build another set of supports, but it's pretty simple. The photo shows all four kits. To date our group has added four more EIIIs for a total of 6. They actually do quite well, and I have yet to score a kill with the DH2.

Tally Ho!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mid16.jpg  

They look great. I picked up a few of each of the Skytrex ones too, but I'll be replacing them with the official models when they appear.

They look good indeed! Though i will stay with the WOW-ones. I received some series 4 planes and have still to get the new 2-seaters. The Eindecker and the DH2 will have to wait a bit ;-)

You could always use the F-toys models of the Spad VII, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    You could always use the F-toys models of the Spad VII, Tim.
    If you can find any F toys planes, they seem to be as rare as hens teeth now.

Don

There are usually a few F-toys planes for sale on eBay but the price has increased.

Great news Ernie, I was in contact with Angellio on the WW1 Aerodrome Forum & he told me the Tripehound will be in Series 6.
    Guess we have a while to wait seeing Series 5 wont be out for a few months yet.

What's this? The DH.2 and early war planes! Awesome! I've been kicking around the idea of building a Skytrex or Reviresco DH.2, but considering this thread, I suppose I could hold out a while longer and get the WoW version.

And I too would jump at a chance to have blank WoW planes to paint myself. I love pre-painted minis, but I love painting minis too, and I suspect I'll try my hand at WWI planes ere long.

We might get Series 5 for Christmas

Wow. If so, it sounds like I'll have some time to collect some of the earlier series. Of course, the planes I really want, like Brumowski's, don't seem to be readily available anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    Fokker E.III:11 hits, B damage, P-deck (~ slow Nieuport)
    A.III is the same, E.IV uses the G-deck and has either AB damage (draws both A and B card) or A damage.
    Halberstadt D.III:14 hits, mostly B damage (one A), G-deck (~slow Spad)
    Morane-Saulnier:10 hits, B damage, P-deck
    Airco DH2:13 hits, B damage, G-deck

By slow I mean around half a card length straights, and all of the above have terrible climb rates (5-6).
    Yeah but dont they Turn Tightly!

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Oh, good, did they specify which century?

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    But what year?

When are we going to see the paint schemes for these? Early war doesn't interest me much, I'll probably get all of the Halberstadts (if the schemes are cool) and one each of the rest.

Same here, I'm really anxious to see paint schemes, especially Halberstadt fighters. They have done the prototype models, now bring us more eye candy!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Carl
    Sorties Flown

Let's get that Series 5 in production! I have a B damage deck that is screaming for attention!!

Now that the Deluxe set is finally here in Blighty we can transfer all our angst onto this thread.

Come on Nexus!!!!!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Now that the Deluxe set is finally here in Blighty we can transfer all our angst onto this thread.

Come on Nexus!!!!!

Rob.
    Oh yes indeedy!! I want Series 5 [and I only picked up the deluxe edition today!] BUT I must also say something I've said before ... bring on the Brisfits!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimetri1 View Post
    I wish there was a Sopwith Triplane.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    Got tired of waiting so I've just ordered a couple of Eindekers and DH2's from Skytrex.
    Will still buy the WOW ones when they come out though.
    Don
    Glued togerther a couple of Skytrex E111's today, very little to assemble at all, just fit the undercarriage and glue on the prop and there you are. No trouble just a few swear words a bit of sweat and a couple of fingers stuck together.
    Now to try the DH2's, not quite so easy but I think I can manage even with my bad eyes and thick fingers.
    Don

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Welcome to the Wings of War Aerodrome
    By zMaint in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:41
  2. The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed
    By Desaix in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 16:10
  3. Series 1 Miniatures Question