Ares Games

Thread: Independence Day sortie.

Default Independence Day sortie.

After watching fireworks over Pearl Harbor I got a chance to show two more friends Wings of War.
    We only sortied once, with one plane each. It was past 10 when we started.
    I took up a new Zero mini. My wingman John, in a Hurricane. (his first game)
    My son Taylor took up a Wildcat. His wingman Kevin took up a Hurricane. (his first game)
    Kevin and I were across from each other. He maneuvered to his right and away from his wingman.
    I closed and before you know it our first shots were at close range, hurting both of us.
    Taylor and John danced around the whole time this was going on. Not shooting once.
    The next turn Kevin and I were once again close in. Both our planes were shot down in the same turn……
    John and Taylor had not even shot at each other yet!
    After lots of dancing around they got in several long range shots. The Wildcat doing an “a” more damage each time. About 20 minutes later, Johns Hurricane went down leaving my son in the Wildcat victorious. I guess it was fitting on the 4th of July for the American plane to win….
    It was fun to get two more friends into the game.
    It was two very different games though. With Kevin and I shooting each other down within 20 minutes of starting, and watching the other two dance for over another 40 minutes.
    Still lots of fun and now more people to play!!!
    Pictures are in my albums.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you all had a grand time. Belated happy 4th of July to you all.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Wish I could have gotten some gaming in on the 4th!

Similar Missions

1. What Airfield do you sortie from?
    By afilter in forum Polls
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-24-2017, 14:52
  2. My First Air Sortie in WWI
    By Papavader in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 21:10
  3. Multiplayer: Another Weekend another sortie...
    By Anav in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 00:38
  4. First sortie
    By von Auerbergh in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 04:19