Ares Games

Thread: Transporting your planes.

Threaded View

Default Transporting your planes.

I use an S&S Design filled with foam trays to carry my Wings of War minis around. I can fit one of each plane from series 1-3 as well as about 10-12 extra planes (handy for repaints and squadrons), all of the maneuver decks for those planes, 4 A damage decks, 2 B damage decks, 1 C and 1 D damage decks, ground targets, and extra cards. I also fit a small plastic box to hold all the counters and some dice. The outside pockets are used for balloon cards, range rulers and rule books.

The case closed up...

The case opened up. You can see I've labeled the trays on the side so I can find the right decks quickly.

These shots show the 1 inch trays with the planes in them...

I've got one more Spad coming and it will go in the tray on the right.

1.5 inch trays hold the two seaters

The tray on the right has room for extra planes and the one on the left needs two more D.VIIs and then it will have extra planes in it. I have one more of these trays that is in the case that is completely empty and will be used for extra planes.

These three 2 inch trays hold a total of decks of cards.

This 1 inch tray holds my counter box, fly pegs, some dice, and a Spad that is going to be made into a crashed plane diorama for some special missions.

I really like this setup as it allows me to carry all of my WoW stuff in one nice bag and every thing is very well protected. It is a little pricey, but you can buy the foam trays as you need them to spread the cost out some. You could actually fit more planes in each tray, but I like having a little more room around them and laid out nice and neat by plane type.

I have attached a Power Point file that has the foam tray layout as well as a silhouette for each plane type. If you like, you can download it and move the planes around until you get a layout you like.
    Attached Files