Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Extra Decks - A Deck

Fast it is, and fits the tactics of boom and zoom. Don't dogfight with this deck, use it to dive down on an opponent then climb back to altitude.

Name:  navratil_2.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  78.9 KB

There are a few planes that use this deck, and really most players avoid these planes because they do not perform sexy turns and sideslips, but speed is the key here, and used with a fast climber this deck can cause issues for those more maneuverable birds. The offerings for this deck are the ...
  2. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  3. Next Wright Flight Event

A few years ago I was running our Facebook presence for the Wright Flight, a group of guys based in greater Dayton and greater Cincinnati. We held monthly sessions first at The Hobby Shop, then we moved to Epic Loot in Centerville, and for the last couple of years the group has been carrying on at Dragon's Guildhall. I had dropped out actively between Epic Loot and Guildhall, but the ball was picked up nicely by several chaps. Of late both GDog and Camelbeagle have been doing a bang up job of ...
  4. More Kindness of Friends and Gaming!

It has been QUITE some time since I have visited the 'Drome let alone post a blog entry. I haven't had the chance to game with the gang this summer due to other events, but yesterday seven of us were able to gather at Epic Loot and do up the Italian Front. A sub, several floatplanes, and some of the new Phoenix fighters graced the table. The G Dog was testing a scenario for a upcoming convention, and we played through it a couple of times. It was fun flying the Austrian Macchi as I had more ...
  5. The Kindness of Friends

With respect to Blackronin's blog....

Name:  P1014846.jpg
Views: 1623
Size:  55.0 KB
    The Wright Flight started from a group of gamers who have been pushing lead around tabletops for many years. Ranging from Napoleonics to World War II to everything before, in between, and after, we have forged friendships and shared many excellent experiences over a dew decades now. When we started getting really involved with Wings of Glory a few years ago, we started gaming at The Hobby Shop in Dayton, created ...